NFL News & Notes

Leader

Will someone pay taysom hill to be more than a part time QB?  He's a RFA

if you want my 2 cents, I don't think he IS more than a part time QB.  But maybe as some sort of Josh Allen lite who can catch passes in a 2 QB offense for a rebuilding team?

They say, if you have 2 QBs, you have none.  I say if you don't have 2 Taysom Hills, you aren't maximizing the position.

Edited by skibrett15

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The Vikings are going to be able to cut some underachieving veterans to be able to handle business. Not saying it will be painless for them, but they're not screwed.

Didn't say they were screwed ... they are going to have to cut some vets,  restructure contracts and move some money around.  It will at the very least be painful and still have to fill some spots they chopped.  Just sayin Packers are in a better place moving forward than the Vikings.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Just at quick glance, Xavier Rhodes is almost assuredly a cap casualty this offseason.  They save $8.1M by releasing him, and he's been miserable this year.  Linval Joseph is probably gonna get axed as well.  Everson Griffen probably gets restructured, or at the very least extended to lower his cap hit.

For sure they'll have to cut, restructure  and move dollars around.  Point being, everything they do will have a consequence on their team good or bad  With a 40 mill salary cap difference right now between the 2 teams, it will be interesting to watch how both teams fill out their rosters.

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

Will someone pay taysom hill to be more than a part time QB?  He's a RFA

if you want my 2 cents, I don't think he IS more than a part time QB.  But maybe as some sort of Josh Allen lite who can catch passes in a 2 QB offense for a rebuilding team?

They say, if you have 2 QBs, you have none.  I say if you don't have 2 Taysom Hills, you aren't maximizing the position.

I'd be dead curious what he'd get if he was a straight UFA

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

Why just rebuilding teams?

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Gimme Taysom Hill and Colin Kaepernick and I'll give that playbook a workout.

Would be an interesting *** experiment but nobody would have the balls to try it (nothing to do with Kap himself there). I joke that I talked about dual threat guys would rule the league one day growing up and I was just about 20 years too early lol. 

The stupid thing is how terribly trickle up the NFL is. High school innovates first, lower college takes that and has success then major college then 15 years later the NFL figures it out.

Edited by Norm

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Would be an interesting *** experiment but nobody would have the balls to try it (nothing to do with Kap himself there). I joke that I talked about dual threat guys would rule the league one day growing up and I was just about 20 years too early lol. 

same, but 10 years.

It's gonna happen in the next 10-15 years.  We will see the qb used as an eligible receiver 20-30% of the time in some offense.