NFL News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

same, but 10 years.

It's gonna happen in the next 10-15 years.  We will see the qb used as an eligible receiver 20-30% of the time in some offense.

I thought I was far out, I don't see that. But it could. It should. Nobody in the NFL is smart enough and they're too scared of the word gimmick or a play failing that looks different even though plays obviously don't all have huge success rates.

****ty teams who would win 5 games could probably win extra running the option with nobodies off the street at QB but nobody will do it because you get fired because "you ran the option." But a generic offense would win you less but a higher chance of keeping your job for using it. 

I get there's the argument, what's the point? But it's proof being creative a bit can work 

Edited by Norm

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Nobody in the NFL is smart enough and they're too scared of the word gimmick or a play failing that looks different even though plays obviously don't all have huge success rates.

Andy Reid will do this, Sean Payton has already started down the path, but he's hamstrung by his HOF qb who is clearly the better option.

Let's say some Reid or Payton disciple inherits the next dolphins instead of a belichick disciple.  That's who will do this.  Or Frank Reich.

7 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Andy Reid will do this, Sean Payton has already started down the path, but he's hamstrung by his HOF qb who is clearly the better option.

Let's say some Reid or Payton disciple inherits the next dolphins instead of a belichick disciple.  That's who will do this.  Or Frank Reich.

I shouldn't have said nobody, not enough people. We're on the same page with this stuff. We went on and on one day about it I think.

1 minute ago, St Vince said:

Very underwhelming coaching pool this season, we got lucky. Very surprising McDaniels isn't drawing interest.

McDaniels is gonna get his (supposed) wish - to become HC in NE.
Unfortunate for him, it's gonna be just like becoming Captain of the Titanic just before it hits the iceberg.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

Gil Brandt -  Patriots assistants under Bill Belichick to become head coaches elsewhere:

Brian Flores 5-11
Matt Patricia 9-22-1
Bill O’Brien 54-47
Josh McDaniels 11-17
Eric Mangini 33-48
Romeo Crennel 28-55

Total: 140-200-1 (.412)

Belichick's former players make better head coaches than his assistants, lol.

If I was an owner and had a young QB id hire Eric Bienemy.

I don’t know why people aren’t hot on him. Nagey, Reich, and Pederson have been successful. Reid’s tree is strong. Also didn’t have Mahomes for a bit this year and still did things.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Leader said:

Gil Brandt -  Patriots assistants under Bill Belichick to become head coaches elsewhere:

Brian Flores 5-11
Matt Patricia 9-22-1
Bill O’Brien 54-47
Josh McDaniels 11-17
Eric Mangini 33-48
Romeo Crennel 28-55

Not a good resume but I think Flores is for real. He did a great job with Miami this season. For as bad as that roster is, they showed up for 4 quarters all season long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Brian Flores 5-11
Matt Patricia 9-22-1
Bill O’Brien 54-47
Josh McDaniels 11-17
Eric Mangini 33-48
Romeo Crennel 28-55

Kinda tough quite a few of those took over dumpster fires. Heck NE took some time it's not like BB turned them around in seconds. Some of those coaches do suck though and are way better position coaches.