NFL News & Notes

Leader

Derrick Henry will be UFA in 2020. As a second round selection, TN cant use the fifth year option to keep him. They have about 57M in cap space now so they should be able to hang on to him if they choose and given the yardage he's racking up, it'll be a hard sell to the fan base to  let him walk. 

Do you think he's worth Ezekiel Elliott money @AlexGreen#20 ?
Not to the Packers - that ain't happening - just wondering what you think he's worth.

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Derrick Henry will be UFA in 2020. As a second round selection, TN cant use the fifth year option to keep him. They have about 57M in cap space now so they should be able to hang on to him if they choose and given the yardage he's racking up, it'll be a hard sell to the fan base to  let him walk. 

Do you think he's worth Ezekiel Elliott money @AlexGreen#20 ?
Not to the Packers - that ain't happening - just wondering what you think he's worth.

**** no. No running back is worth EE money.

On 1/8/2020 at 10:29 AM, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If I were superstitious, I would say you all are dooming yourselves by taking too narrow a view of beauty. All of your "beauty" avatars are of women (not surprising given who you all are) but there is also great beauty in a sunset, a mountain range, a child's smile, a beach, a misty shoreline

and frogs

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

**** no. No running back is worth EE money.

Be interesting to see what happens with Henry. I mean, it's been awhile since a RB has dominated a stretch of games like he has. He won the rushing title.....but nobody heard about that. What *everybodys* catching on to is his crushing the better teams when it counts. Be interesting to see what thats worth on the open market.

Edited by Leader

22 minutes ago, Leader said:

Be interesting to see what happens with Henry. I mean, it's been awhile since a RB has dominated a stretch of games like he has. He won the rushing title.....but nobody heard about that. What *everybodys* catching on to is his crushing the better teams when it counts. Be interesting to see what thats worth on the open market.

TEN letting Henry walk would be a great test for whether RB's really are plug and play.  I have to believe the Titans will tag him if they can't get a deal done.  From the GM 's perspective, I can certainly see an argument for taking an early RB in the upcoming draft and letting Henry walk.  I just have to wonder what that would do to the locker room if a guy as central as Henry is to their team identity isn't given a 2nd contract.  Part of me thinks it would soon be forgotten if the rookie RB steps in and the running game doesn't miss a beat.  Things would go to hell in a hurry for TEN if the running game stops working.

Edited by Mazrimiv

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

TEN letting Henry walk would be a great test for whether RB's really are plug and play.  I have to believe the Titans will tag him if they can't get a deal done.  From the GM 's perspective, I can certainly see an argument for taking an early RB in the upcoming draft and letting Henry walk.  I just have to wonder what that would do to the locker room if a guy as central as Henry is to their team identity isn't given a 2nd contract.  Part of me thinks it would soon be forgotten if the rookie RB steps in and the running game doesn't miss a beat.  Things would go to hell in a hurry for TEN if the running game stops working.

This notion that RB's are plug and play has some truth.  However you don't just replace a guy like Henry.  He's a beast.  Drop off would be substantial.  Elite backs are not plug and play.