NFL News & Notes

Leader

13 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Why would anyone in their right mind take that job, especially a first time head coach?

Why would any team in their right mind who just fired a disaster of a first time head coach hire another first time head coach?  

Browns haven’t been in their right mind since John Elway drove a stake through their hearts. 

Edited by thrILL!
Browns gonna Browns

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Luke Kuechly retires at the age of 28.

Can’t say I saw it coming but his play has regressed after injury. Wasn’t the same. New coaching new everything... I can see being tired at 28 and picking health. I’m sure he has saved a lot of his money.

Plus at least he did it now... and not after fa and the draft.

• Like 1

Just now, Green19 said:

Can’t say I saw it coming but his play has regressed after injury. Wasn’t the same. New coaching new everything... I can see being tired at 28 and picking health. I’m sure he has saved a lot of his money.

Plus at least he did it now... and not after fa and the draft.

Ian Rapoport -   Luke Kuechly doesn’t specify his reasons for stepping away, saying only that the way to play this game is “fast and physical and strong” and he doesn’t feel he can do that now.

Ian Rapoport -  The Broncos and Pat Shurmur have finalized their deal for him to be their new offensive coordinator. It’s official. He spent the last 24 hours in the facility getting to work, bringing his experience from the last 11 years as either an OC or head coach to Denver.

12 hours ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport -   Luke Kuechly doesn’t specify his reasons for stepping away, saying only that the way to play this game is “fast and physical and strong” and he doesn’t feel he can do that now.

He got his brains scrambled so bad a few years back he involuntarily started crying .. scary stuff.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I didn't realize Kuechly is only 28.  Seems like he's been in the league 10-12 years.  Good for him for calling it quits early though before his body (and hopefully his head) are totally trashed.

Me neither, i was working when my wife got the notification on her phone. And my immediate reaction was, "makes sense, hes on the wrong side of 30 and has had several concussions." shocked me when I saw he is only 28. 

3 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Me neither, i was working when my wife got the notification on her phone. And my immediate reaction was, "makes sense, hes on the wrong side of 30 and has had several concussions." shocked me when I saw he is only 28. 

What if 28 is the wrong side of 30

1 hour ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I didn't realize Kuechly is only 28.  Seems like he's been in the league 10-12 years.  Good for him for calling it quits early though before his body (and hopefully his head) are totally trashed.

Yes he needed to retire.  Hope he doesn't suffer long term affects to his head.  Guy had a number of concussions over the years.  Great player and he made the right decision for sure.

59 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yes he needed to retire.  Hope he doesn't suffer long term affects to his head.  Guy had a number of concussions over the years.  Great player and he made the right decision for sure.

Between him and Sean Lee, they probably probably lead the league in concussions over the past 6 years or so.