NFL News & Notes

Leader

Stefanski had Cousins looking competent in MIN.  The running game drove the offense, and Cousins made enough plays in the passing game to keep defenses honest.  If CLE can get Mayfield looking competent in 2020, it will be a vast improvement over what they had in 2019.  I see no reason to think Chubb can't fill the Cook role for the CLE offense, while Mayfield and the WR's provide even better options in the passing game than what MIN has had.

38 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Any idiot with half a brain knows the offensive success of the Vikings is attributed to Gary Kubiak.  Browns are the worst-run franchise in all of football and even THEY managed to find a franchise QB. 

Hoping Stefanski takes the Kubiak’s with him.  But I doubt it.

46 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

the timing of this could not be better

The timing is hilarious because there was a ton of talk yesterday out of Cleveland sports radio (I live here) about Saleh being the favorite and that the Browns were waiting on the outcome of the Vikings Niners game to make a final decision or announce it. Then Saleh's D beats the breaks off Stefanski's offense, holding it to 7 first downs...

Then Cleveland hires Stefanski. Perfect Cleveland result. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Stefanski had Cousins looking competent in MIN.  The running game drove the offense, and Cousins made enough plays in the passing game to keep defenses honest.  If CLE can get Mayfield looking competent in 2020, it will be a vast improvement over what they had in 2019.  I see no reason to think Chubb can't fill the Cook role for the CLE offense, while Mayfield and the WR's provide even better options in the passing game than what MIN has had.

It wasn’t stefanski... everyone with the Vikings credits kubiak.

Zimmer never went out of his way to talk up stefanski. Heck most Viking fans hoped browns would do this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

The timing is hilarious because there was a ton of talk yesterday out of Cleveland sports radio (I live here) about Saleh being the favorite and that the Browns were waiting on the outcome of the Vikings Niners game to make a final decision or announce it. Then Saleh's D beats the breaks off Stefanski's offense, holding it to 7 first downs...

Then Cleveland hires Stefanski. Perfect Cleveland result. 

Sorry.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

It wasn’t stefanski... everyone with the Vikings credits kubiak.

Zimmer never went out of his way to talk up stefanski. Heck most Viking fans hoped browns would do this.

Lets just say I do not concede that Stefanski was simply riding Kubiak's coat tails.

Edited by Mazrimiv

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Lets just say I do not concede that Stefanski was simply riding Kubiak's coat tails.

Doesn’t matter!  Stefanski leaving Minny is bad for GB (or, if you prefer, good for the Vikings), unless he takes the Kubiak’s with him.  End of story.

Edited by Sasquatch

28 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Doesn’t matter!  Stefanski leaving Minny is bad for GB (or, if you prefer, good for the Vikings), unless he takes the Kubiak’s with him.  End of story.

I feel like ours should be the last fanbase to be dismissing the efforts of the younger coach trying to modernize the old head's system.

38 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I feel like ours should be the last fanbase to be dismissing the efforts of the younger coach trying to modernize the old head's system.

Stefanski may very well have found more success with Minny had he not been scooped up by the Browns - we’ll never know now.