NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, Green19 said:

If I was an owner and had a young QB id hire Eric Bienemy.

I don’t know why people aren’t hot on him. Nagey, Reich, and Pederson have been successful. Reid’s tree is strong. Also didn’t have Mahomes for a bit this year and still did things.

I'm always leery of candidates that have alot of talent. The Chiefs are stacked on offense... I would rather hire someone that had an average offense but a below average talent pool.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I'm always leery of candidates that have alot of talent. The Chiefs are stacked on offense... I would rather hire someone that had an average offense but a below average talent pool.

I see that point... but as long as you put up record numbers with a stacked offense, I think that is what you look for. Have the chiefs been historic? Last year... yeah. This year with injuries, no. But they made Moore look good in that offense. Just like Greg Roman... with the talent on the Ravens they have been historically great at running the ball.

I don’t know I just trust Andy’s guys more then other coaching trees. It’s telling to me if your tree does terrible... because what that means is you are the special and I shouldn’t hire your guys because you are picking it up for them. 

22 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Worked for us on our last two head coaches.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed that MM got John Fassel to be his ST coordinator in Dallas when he previously settled for absolutely garbage in Slocum and Zook in GB. 

Yeah .. he hung us out there with some truly awful special teams performances.  Twice under McCarthy the Packers were dead last in the Rick Gosselin rankings.

MM will have many advantages in Dallas that he didn't have in Green Bay. no state income tax (which is great when going after FAs) a willing owner who will spend money on assistant coaches and FA that are needed to plug holes in the roster, playing in Jerry's Death Star, and the prestige (which I think is bogus, but not to the majority of football fans) of coaching America's Team.

12 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Even @FinneasGage has changed his avatar.  Your company includes @Leader, @Packerraymond and @CWood21.  How does that make you feel?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If I were superstitious, I would say you all are dooming yourselves by taking too narrow a view of beauty. All of your "beauty" avatars are of women (not surprising given who you all are) but there is also great beauty in a sunset, a mountain range, a child's smile, a beach, a misty shoreline, etc. You will lose because you are not covering beauty completely enough! 

Me? i'll stick with planning, preparation, and talent.

• Like 1