NFL News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Back up DL run stuffer?

You’ve accepted my challenge, but not correctly.  A backup by definition is not a starter.  So how many IDL at the level of Watkins, Cooks, Hopkins, OBJ, Diggs... Go to different teams as frequently?

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You’ve accepted my challenge, but not correctly.  A backup by definition is not a starter.  So how many IDL at the level of Watkins, Cooks, Hopkins, OBJ, Diggs... Go to different teams as frequently?

Suh, McCoy, Buckner off the top rope

29 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I don’t like the way you responded because I’m not going through the trouble to respond to my own post and cut/paste so I’ll just give you another challenge:

Name any other position that moves from team to team as frequently as the WR position.

You didn't like it?  I responded to your questions and statements.  Mostly agreed.  I think the one spot where you were just somewhat wrong was in regards to the last Pro Bowl and the WR's.  I think 50% of them or more would have been very good even 20-30 years ago.

WR's outnumber a lot of other positions...first off.  But I listed a lot of RB's that were traded.  Not sure if you mean moved as in traded, or moved via free agency.  But, yes, WR's seem to be traded more than others.

One team's trash is another team's treasure.  Some guys have value in the league and can be traded.  Cooks is a great example.  Hopkins is an example, but the return was pretty poor.

And I'm unsure what qualifies as a "diva" anymore.  Can we agree that Antonio Brown is in a class by himself right now?  And...I'm feeling as if OBJ is in a tier below him, and probably without friends in that tier.  Trying hard to think of any other WR's or current players who are as diva-ish as those two.  Zeke had a period there where he was approaching OBJ territory, but I think he's clearly a fully tier or two below OBJ.  Maybe Diggs is/was a tier below OBJ?  Guess I don't feel Trent Williams is a diva for wanting to get away from an organization who may have mishandled his health situation.

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Suh, McCoy, Buckner off the top rope

And my response would be:

Suh is 33.  Two teams post 30, 2 teams per-30.  Not a regular mover.

McCoy is 32.  One single team until his 31st birthday.

Buckner just got traded for 13th overall.  That’s higher than Cooks, OBJ, Hopkins, etc, and it’s one new team and you can rest assured he will be there a while.

Thank you for responding, but they’re nowhere NEAR the same scenarios.  All these receivers are getting traded in their prime.

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

And my response would be:

Suh is 33.  Two teams post 30, 2 teams per-30.  Not a regular mover.

McCoy is 32.  One single team until his 31st birthday.

Buckner just got traded for 13th overall.  That’s higher than Cooks, OBJ, Hopkins, etc, and it’s one new team and you can rest assured he will be there a while.

Thank you for responding, but they’re nowhere NEAR the same scenarios.  All these receivers are getting traded in their prime.

Nuk will only have 2 teams pre 30. AB only had 2. 

Watkins was a ram forgot.

Edited by HighCalebR

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

Watkins and Nuk will only have 2 teams pre 30. AB only had 2. 

Wrong.  Watkins played for 3 teams already.

And Brown should have been out of the NFL.  Have you read some of the stupid **** the Steelers put up with?

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Wrong.  Watkins played for 3 teams already.

And Brown should have been out of the NFL.  Have you read some of the stupid **** the Steelers put up with?

Yeah i addendumed that.

Yeah we cant just be adding should ifs though.

Diggs just got a hefty return though too.

Also, obviously harder to find DTs than. So I'm not sure why i hopped in here.

3 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Also, obviously harder to find DTs than. So I'm not sure why i hopped in here.

That’s... That’s my entire point.  That’s why teams who pick a receiver in the top 16 this year are going to regret it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Can anybody think of a position that changes teams as frequently as the receiver position relative to their talent level?  ANY position?  Honest question.  Does that tell you nothing?

Everyone was shocked by the Hopkins trade and they’re all calling BOB an idiot but the man is in the NFL when you’re not. He didn’t see whatever issue he had with Hopkins as worth that talent.  Cooks has now been traded three times in four years. 

Cornerbacks

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

We now have a team where we can send Lane Taylor to.

People need to stop speculating on us trading for anyone - literally anyone - whose name you recognize.

We as a franchise will NEVER trade for one of these players.  Ever.

When even was the last time the Packers traded for someone remotely significant?

We are the Green Bay Packers.  We don’t do that sort of thing.