NFL News & Notes

Leader

Seriously, honest question, when was the last time the Packers have EVER traded for somebody whose name you could recognize?  Other than Kizer, I can’t think of a single example, and the only reason anyone recognized Kizer’s name was because of how bad he was.

40 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Brett Favre
Al Harris
Ahman Green

John Hadl ( look it up and laugh)
John Jefferson

Whose name you could recognize BEFORE we traded for them.  Harris was a 6th round pick.  Green maybe.  Favre yeah.  Ryan Grant is another one, but nobody knew who he was then.

And I’m not accepting Green.  Third round pick I think, but had 300 yards rushing in two seasons in Seattle.

Edited by Outpost31

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

And I’m not accepting Green.

he's a freakin cornhusker dude, you either have to accept him, or move. :D
2x national champion and he set the Orange Bowl record for rushing. People knew him

I'll not argue your overall point, but there have been a few notable trades over the years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Seriously, honest question, when was the last time the Packers have EVER traded for somebody whose name you could recognize?  Other than Kizer, I can’t think of a single example, and the only reason anyone recognized Kizer’s name was because of how bad he was.

And this is one of the worst qualities of our GMs since Wolf...the lack of quality player acquisitions through trades. 

• Like 1

I’d be willing to bet that the majority of recent Super Bowl winners have made a moderate to significant trade at some point in the year they won the Super Bowl.

Chiefs did it last year.  Patriots the year before. Eagles the year before that.  Patriots again...

I’m not asking for blockbusters.  For some reason the Packers are allergic to trades.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Whose name you could recognize BEFORE we traded for them.  Harris was a 6th round pick.  Green maybe.  Favre yeah.  Ryan Grant is another one, but nobody knew who he was then.

And I’m not accepting Green.  Third round pick I think, but had 300 yards rushing in two seasons in Seattle.

You really are that young, aren't you? Everyone knew Harris was good, he was just stuck behind Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent. There's a reason we gave up a 2nd round pick for him.

• Like 2