NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'm not following the logic.  There would be a lockout over verifying player vaccination status?

I'm thinking this and other incidents ranging from the utterly peculiar(Like Rodgers) to the criminal(these fake Vaxx cards) might lead to the NFL demanding 100% Vaccination Rates from the NFLPA, as well as the total rejection of any non-Vaxxers. And if the NFLPA says no to that, it's possible the NFL might stage a lockout on those grounds.

That said, I lack the legal understanding of such matters, so my thoughts will likely be blown to pieces by the better informed people on this board.

Seems very, very, very unlikely to play out that way.  I expect the only real fallout will be teams/player receiving more significant penalties for misrepresenting their status.  The Rodgers situation isn't even an issue.  Both the team and the league were fully aware of his status the entire time. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Thinking about moving Love for a 2?

hmmm...tempting.  Don't know if that kid has it or not.  We invested quite a bit in him guess it depends if they can extend Rodgers.  If we do then I'd consider it.  The Packers would then have to re-invest in the QB position (2023) as it will take a few years to get another guy up to speed. 

I'm not sold on Love didn't like the pick and he hasn't shown anything to change my mind.  To be fair think he needs another year before we consider moving him.  Other part of the equation is I'm not entirely sure a team would pony up a 2 for Love either.  He really sucked against KC.  Sucked sucked sucked.  Kid is not ready not even close.  

Rodgers goes elsewhere we'll have a nice high draft pick in 2023.  Love shows steady improvement OK.  If not take another QB.  They are so damn hard to find.   Maybe JAX will give up on Trevor Lawrence and we can trade for him.😁

At this point I really hope the Packers can retain Rodgers for another 3 years.  I think he has that in him yet.  It's going to be a very painful transition when he's gone. Watching the Denver game ughhh...just goes to show how a mediocre QB just kills a team. 

Ben Goessling -  Justin Jefferson is closing in on a Super Bowl-era record for the most receiving yards in the first two seasons of a player’s career. He passed Jerry Rice on Sunday, and is 147 yards from breaking Odell Beckham’s record.

On 12/5/2021 at 10:12 PM, Leader said:

Ben Goessling -  Justin Jefferson is closing in on a Super Bowl-era record for the most receiving yards in the first two seasons of a player’s career. He passed Jerry Rice on Sunday, and is 147 yards from breaking Odell Beckham’s record.

He does get another matchup with Kevin King later too.

10 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

He does get another matchup with Kevin King later too.

Not sure how badly he burned King in their first go around.

King played 26 snaps - versus 63 for Stokes / 54 for Douglas / 41 for Sullivan. The only DB with fewer snaps than King was Black with 10 - rightfully so. He sucks in coverage IMO.

Not sure if they pulled him for bad play - if he tweaked some kind of injury - or he wasnt in the game plan to begin with.

Ian Rapoport -  Seahawks Pro Bowl S Jamal Adams tore his labrum and suffered additional significant shoulder damage in Sunday’s win, sources say. He’s having season-ending surgery to repair it all. Same shoulder as last year, with surgery a necessity. Adams will make a full recovery for 2022.

22 hours ago, Kepler said:

Everybody sad they passed on Justin Jefferson

But, we didn't.  He was long gone.

He's a damn good WR, but he is NOT a game changer.  Otherwise he wouldn't be on a losing team. His QB has great stats this year too, it's a mirage.