NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, BluePacker said:

100% agree. That would have been an iconic name frim history that could have gone in the right direction socially. Fail for not having that in this list,  but I'm not surprised coming from that organization given their own problematic history/ownership. I guess Redhogs would be the next best fit? What a step down though from Redtails... a swing and a miss...

What's the Redtails connection?

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Danny Parkins -    Hub Arkush has an MVP vote and won't be voting for Aaron Rodgers. "I don't think you can be the biggest jerk in the league and punish your team and your organization and your fanbase the way he did and be the MVP"

• Nick Wright -    1 of the 50 voters for league MVP flatly says he won’t vote for Rodgers despite the on-field excellence. I fully expect Rodgers to rightfully win the award, but I’m sure Hub isn’t the only voter who feels this way.

So @Norm's real name is Hub. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

It’s going to be redhogs… has Red in the name so they can keep that. And because of the hogs… there is a tradition.

1 hour ago, BluePacker said:

100% agree. That would have been an iconic name frim history that could have gone in the right direction socially. Fail for not having that in this list,  but I'm not surprised coming from that organization given their own problematic history/ownership.

I guess Redhogs would be the next best fit? What a step down though from Redtails... a swing and a miss...

I thought Redtails would have been a great option too

I think all signs point to Commanders

Redhogs makes sense as it would tie it to the storied 1980s/early 1990s Super Bowl teams. 

Albert Breer -     Source: NFL chief strategy & growth officer Chris Halpin is leaving the league later this month. Halpin is one of Roger Goodell’s top lieutenants, and is point man for the league’s efforts on gambling and international. Has been considered a contender to be next commissioner.

///

Completely off the wall....no clue.....but I wonder if he had anything to do with the email leak.

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Whats the "Redtails" connection?

Besides being the team in the nations capital honoring the Tuskegee Airmen... nothing much. I guess the Redtails logo could use the classic "R" logo that was used during the George Allen and early Joe Gibbs days.. 

2 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

Besides being the team in the nations capital honoring the Tuskegee Airmen... nothing much. I guess the Redtails logo could use the classic "R" logo that was used during the George Allen and early Joe Gibbs days.

Okay.....thanks. I'd not thought of the Tuskegee Airmen and cant's say it does much for me, but no matter. 

Ross Uglem -  Matt Ryan has a higher passer rating, completion %, a higher TD%, lower INT%, and a better ANY/A than Ben. More MVPs and All Pros as well. He just didn’t play with the Steelers defense for two decades.

///

Interesting points.......so does that mean Matty Ice is HOF material?

7 hours ago, Leader said:

The only reason Taylor would be in the discussion is because of what CIN has achieved this year relative to their past incompetence. Regardless, they're (currently) "only" 10-6 (.625) - while GB is 13-3 (.813).

I think "AR bias" hurts MLF. It's the "Yeah, but you've got the MVP....." thinking.

Ya but let’s not act like Gb wasn’t average or worse with MM. Turning Arod into back to back MVP candidate shouldn’t be detrimental to his resume but a bonus for him. Especially considering this off season. 

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ross Uglem -  Matt Ryan has a higher passer rating, completion %, a higher TD%, lower INT%, and a better ANY/A than Ben. More MVPs and All Pros as well. He just didn’t play with the Steelers defense for two decades.

///

Ben shouldn't get in

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Leader said:

///

And he also lost a Super Bowl he was up 28-3…. He will never live that down.