Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

18 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

It was just fantastic. Can't beat that weather either... I'm pretty sure I got some sunburn

Also it was so awesome to see Ibson get a goal! I've been watching him for years and he almost never takes a shot or gets near the goal. 

I'm feeling the burn on my nose, ears, and forearms today. I was in the corner right by the supporter section. Being on that end was perfect for all the action in the second half. I don't know the players or roster that well but I think Finlay might be my favorite. He's local and that assist for the second goal was sick.

I love Wonderwall for the win. It has a real organic feel to it, like it just comes out naturally. In both games I've been to, I've heard kids nearby say they didn't know the words. Can't not laugh at that.

Edited by skywindO2

6 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I'm feeling the burn on my nose, ears, and forearms today. I was in the corner right by the supporter section. Being on that end was perfect for all the action in the second half. I don't know the players or roster that well but I think Finlay might be my favorite. He's local and that assist for the second goal was sick.

Yeah, Finlay is fantastic, along with Nicholson on the opposite wing

15 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I love Wonderwall for the win. It has a real organic feel to it, like it just comes out naturally. In both games I've been to, I've heard kids nearby say they didn't know the words. Can't not laugh at that.

https://streamable.com/216f5

Also, the national anthem before kickoff was the best rendition I have heard. That was really cool

..and this

N2MsE5W2JrWu0o4fPky0ubDq69zy42FBOp6vUJIS

32 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Wow, they had that many people there for soccer? That’s impressive!

Yeah, it is gaining in popularity. I know a guy that has attended one of their games. In time, it may get to the point where I know multiple people that have attended games. As little as I care about soccer, I may attend a game once. I attended a game once when over in Europe because the father in-law insisted. The sport is really, really boring; that atmosphere was electric. Most of those people have never watched football. I think that is why they get so excited about such a boring sport.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2018 at 6:04 PM, Heimdallr said:

It was just fantastic. Can't beat that weather either... I'm pretty sure I got some sunburn

Also it was so awesome to see Ibson get a goal! I've been watching him for years and he almost never takes a shot or gets near the goal. 

Henrik Ibson?  

So with Mears (RB) getting injured last game, Calvo (CB) off playing for Costa Rica, Boxall (CB) off playing for New Zealand, and Thiesson (LB) getting injured in practice on Wednesday, we are going to have the entire starting back line out tomorrow :(

On the plus side, we get to see the debuts of first round picks Omsgberg (CB) and Manley (RB), so hopefully that is fun to watch. Also Kallman (CB) gets to play!

3 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

So with Mears (RB) getting injured last game, Calvo (CB) off playing for Costa Rica, Boxall (CB) off playing for New Zealand, and Thiesson (LB) getting injured in practice on Wednesday, we are going to have the entire starting back line out tomorrow :(

On the plus side, we get to see the debuts of first round picks Omsgberg (CB) and Manley (RB), so hopefully that is fun to watch. Also Kallman (CB) gets to play!

I have never heard of any of these running backs, cornerbacks, or linebackers. Do you think their skills will translate to the NFL?

• Like 3

Home stretch coming up for the Wild, down to the final 9 games. Sitting at 3rd in the division right now with a 2-point lead and game-in-hand against the 2 wildcard teams (Avs and Ducks). Who do people want to see in the 1st round? Currently matched up with Winnipeg but I wouldn't mind a match-up with Vegas. 

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

Home stretch coming up for the Wild, down to the final 9 games. Sitting at 3rd in the division right now with a 2-point lead and game-in-hand against the 2 wildcard teams (Avs and Ducks). Who do people want to see in the 1st round? Currently matched up with Winnipeg but I wouldn't mind a match-up with Vegas. 

I would absolutely like to see them match up with Vegas.