Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

12 hours ago, TENINCH said:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/22577765/logan-morrison-agrees-one-year-contract-minnesota-twins

Twins picked up Morrison. He hit nearly 40 homeruns last season in a pitchers park. Hopefully he can do the same for the Twins.

This drastically lowers the value of Grossman and vargas. How is Morrison defensively

17 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

This drastically lowers the value of Grossman and vargas. How is Morrison defensively

What I remember, he's serviceable enough, he's going to be the DH I'd think. He's primarily a 1B, and we have Mauer who has become one of the better defensive first basemen in MLB, so he won't see much time there, I suspect that he'd play some corner OF as well as he's done that before.

1 minute ago, The Gnat said:

So Twins line-up as I see it now:

1. Dozier
2. Polanco
3. Sano (assuming not suspended)
4. Morrison
5. Mauer
6. Buxton
7. Kepler
8. Rosario
9. Castro

That would be an offensive line-up that could score a ton of runs.

What are your best guesses for the Pitching rotation and bench?

Edited by TENINCH

Best Guesses for rotation:

1. JO Berrios
2. Jake Ordorizzi
3. Adalberto Mejia
4. Kyle Gibson
5. Phil Hughes (though Hughes may be day 1 starter)

Then when Santana comes back from injury, he gets slotted in for whomever of the last three is struggling most, though I hope it's last two is struggling most.

Bench:
Mitch Garver
Eduardo Escobar
Ehire Adrianza
Robbie Grossman

Bullpen:
Fernando Rodney
Addison Reed
Tyler Hildenberger
Zach Duke
Taylor Rogers
Allen Busenitz
Tyler Duffey

That would be my guess for the starting 25. There's a chance that Anibal Sanchez makes the team, but it would likely be at the cost of letting Hughes go, I'd think. Also, there's a chance that Pressley beats out Duffey or Busenitz in the pen, but I don't really see that happening. And finally,  there's a chance that Zach Granite makes the team over Grossman. I don't know that would happen, but I could certainly see it as Morrison adds more depth at the corner OF positions, and Granite can obviously spell Buxton in center.  I'd probably prefer that last move. And I'd love to see the Twins get Lynn. I think with Lynn in the rotation, dropping out Hughes, that would be great until Santana comes back and then you could drop out Gibson or Mejia, depending on who is doing worse, but I really like Mejia quite well.

• Like 1

Still not sure If really understand this Wild team. I think with Seeler and Prosser, the team has gotten better defensively. Going to be very interesting having Kunin and probably Greenway around. The Ennis-Cullen-Nino line was bad last night. I'd actually like to see Nino (healthy) and Greenway on the same line.