Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Wild really need to move Heaven and Earth to get Kirill Kaprizov here. I know he is "under contract" in the KHL. There has to be a point where you could buy him out. He's the star we have never had. But if I have learned anything in my 27 years on this planet, they will find a way to screw this up. Kaprizov's rights will get traded to New York/LA and we will get a bag of rusty nails. We all know how this ends.

3 minutes ago, disaacs said:

But, can somebody please explain what the "H.Y.P.P.R." stands for other than just hyper?

HYPRR culture - it's a way of life. How, Yours (your vision that scares people), Process (it's fun until the work starts), Result (what society focuses on), Response (that's what makes people different in the world).

C12CUFuXAAAJSvm?format=jpg&name=large
Edited by gopherwrestler

Interesting change, I like Gold helmet, kind is of throw back to back in the 1990's helmet with the gold.  

Still regardless if anyone was impressed with Fleck this past season, well umm I was not surprised by the results.  A laughing stock of a season where they get absolutely killed multiple times and the final score in more than a few games is just that, a joke.  Oh but he did not bring in his guys in yet, well most of the guys who made plays this past year, which were not many, were players that were already here.  Few if any young freshman or new recruits Fleck brought it did anything on the field.

Be really curious how they do this year, because his first season sucked.   I doubt they would have been that bad on the field if they had the same coaching staff from the bowl game win against Washington State.  Sure the systems change but the team did not play hard and when things got difficult Fleck did not do much in terms of leadership or motivation.  Sure he can be all positive all the time, but honestly his on field demeanor when they were getting their butt kicked was not all inspiring.  Hard to be Mr. Friend nice guy when one should have some criticisms to say and be a little stern.  

Still say the guy is a car salesman, and usually those type of coaches do not end up being anything great.  Honestly the Gopher football team identity as it is now is just him, PJ Fleck.  They have no identity outside of the head coach and that is pretty pathetic.  So he better bring in some really good players to mask his lacking in X and O coaching.   Sure their class was ranked highly this past year, but take out those two IMG Academy lineman and they would not be near that highly ranked.  Cool to get big boys like that but will see if that can become an identity as a team being physical running the ball or not.  Would be great to see Sapp become a player, but kid missed what the past two State title games and or half seasons for Eden Prairie.  His healthy is ridiculously awful and really would be lucky to even play all four years as a college football player regardless if he is good or not.  

The highest ranked class since 2008, and those classes were with Brewster, big surprised.  Oh and the team sucked and was 6-7 or 7-6.  So ok uniforms, still be Q mark on the Head Coach...  P.S. Stop doing your ESPN show in the off season highlighting all your greatness...

On 2/16/2018 at 9:15 AM, MNPackfan32 said:

Wild really need to move Heaven and Earth to get Kirill Kaprizov here. I know he is "under contract" in the KHL. There has to be a point where you could buy him out. He's the star we have never had. But if I have learned anything in my 27 years on this planet, they will find a way to screw this up. Kaprizov's rights will get traded to New York/LA and we will get a bag of rusty nails. We all know how this ends.

Players can buy themselves out of their contract - with 18 months notice, from the latest that I've read.

1 hour ago, rpmwr19 said:

Players can buy themselves out of their contract - with 18 months notice, from the latest that I've read.

We really need to do what it takes. He looks like a star. Interesting times for the Wild. They are the best bad team and worst good team I have seen in a while. We need to find a way to clear cap room to keep Zucker and Dumba this offseason.