Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

What's crazy to me is that the Twins' payroll is less than it was last year.  So the money is there if they want to make a legit offer to a free agent (Kimbrel/Keuchel) or trade for a pitcher with a high salary. 

Has Buxton turned a corner? He's about a .230 career hitter and seems to have notoriously slow starts at the plate, but if he truly is going to be .275-.280 hitter, that's going to be a huge boost to the lineup.

I don’t think anyone will sign Kimbrel until after the draft. I can see the twins trading for Bumgarner this year too.

I love that the offense is coming from everywhere. On any given night, the Twins can score 1-9, and that gives them so much lineup flexibility.

59-0 Win for the Vixen this week against the first year Iowa Phoenix... next week is the big matchup.  We travel to St. Louis to take on the #1 ranked division two team (we were #4 before this week).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

so, you're playing at a 109-0 clip over the last two games...?

you up for league Coach of the Year? should be, it seems.

Lower level of competition this week (I had my second offensive line in at the end of the first quarter), but yes 109-0 in the last two games and 116-0 the last three.  On the year we've scored 168 and given up 19; our defense is on a 12 quarter shut out streak

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Lower level of competition this week (I had my second offensive line in at the end of the first quarter), but yes 109-0 in the last two games and 116-0 the last three.  On the year we've scored 168 and given up 19; our defense is on a 12 quarter shut out streak

well, the defensive coach certainly deserves a fruit basket or something.

• Like 1

Twins outscored the Mariners 40 to 10 over the weekend in a 4 game series. They are hitting the ball so well right now and the pitching has generally been solid. Twins are #1 in runs scored, #3 in HR's and OPS. They've been doing solidly offensively which is an understatement. And Sano had a bad game on Sunday at the plate, but otherwise has come back hitting the ball well.

23 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

What's crazy to me is that the Twins' payroll is less than it was last year.  So the money is there if they want to make a legit offer to a free agent (Kimbrel/Keuchel) or trade for a pitcher with a high salary. 

Has Buxton turned a corner? He's about a .230 career hitter and seems to have notoriously slow starts at the plate, but if he truly is going to be .275-.280 hitter, that's going to be a huge boost to the lineup.

It's all Mauer's fault. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Wolves sign their new head coach, Ryan Saunders. I actually think that he's a good signing, player like KAT and even Wiggins seem to like him a lot.

I expected that to happen once Rosas described who he was looking for in a coach.  Of course Ryan was always going to be the favorite, but he seemed to fit what Rosas wanted as well.  Hopefully, now he'll be able to bring in some experienced assistants to help Ryan...and especially help Ryan to force Wiggins to be a 6th man, because that's really what he probably is.