Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

And the Timberwolves have signed no one.  A flurry of deals yesterday and they weren't involved in a single one of them.  How disappointing (and yet, not surprising in the least).  

It sounds like they went hard after Russell, but if the Golden State Warriors decide to make a move for a sign and trade, what are the Wolves going to do to make that happen? Plus, trading Andre Igudala is easier than moving Wiggins to free up the cap space needed to make the trade happen.

6 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

It sounds like they went hard after Russell, but if the Golden State Warriors decide to make a move for a sign and trade, what are the Wolves going to do to make that happen? Plus, trading Andre Igudala is easier than moving Wiggins to free up the cap space needed to make the trade happen.

I'm not as disappointed about losing Russell as I am about them just doing absolutely nothing.  I would have been happy just simply them unloading either Wiggins or Dieng (in fact, I'd prefer they give someone a couple of 1st round picks to take Wiggins off their hands).  They need to do something to set themselves up for the future.  Right now, I'm not sure they're better than any team other than the Suns.  

Edited by swede700

I agree, it sounds like there are some talks about moving Wiggins, and I'd give up a 1st round pick or two gladly to get rid of him. I hope that happens still, and I think that it might. Dieng is fine, but moving on from him would be possible and be fine, same with Jeff Teague, I'd be fine moving on from him as well, and he has some value since he's on a one year deal.

I want the Heat to trade for Wiggins still, imagine how mad Jimmy Butler would be if that happened.

37 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The Timberwolves don’t appear to be the sharpest bulbs in the drawer. 

Does that surprise anyone?  I still hold out hope that they can find a way to unload Wiggins on someone, just to set themselves up for 2-3 years down the road, because this team, as comprised, can't even compete for a playoff spot, as far as I'm concerned.  Especially not in the West.  Their only hope would be for the NBA to decide to get rid of the conferences altogether and hope that they can compete for the #16 spot.  

On 6/26/2019 at 11:06 PM, vikesfan89 said:

Sano still has options right? I think it wouldn't hurt to send him down for a while to get things figured out a bit once someone comes off the IL. At this point it'd be hard to send the rookie down

Since you talked smack about Sano he's hit something like 5 HR's and raised his WAR/Batting Average (though the latter only slightly). Can you maybe say something again to see if he can take it up another level :D

Sucks that the Twins lost, sucks more that Odorizzi is going to miss at least a start with blister issue. Thorpe or Smeltzer up?

13 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Since you talked smack about Sano he's hit something like 5 HR's and raised his WAR/Batting Average (though the latter only slightly). Can you maybe say something again to see if he can take it up another level :D

Sucks that the Twins lost, sucks more that Odorizzi is going to miss at least a start with blister issue. Thorpe or Smeltzer up?

All he needed was the threat of being sent down. 

Who else needs to get sent down?