Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

54 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

We ran out of pitchers. 

It seemed that they had each relief pitcher on 20 pitch count. Even though a couple of the pitchers got through to innings on those 20 pitches. It just felt as though they should have stuck it out with them longer. 

Sometimes it feels that the Twins are relying so much on analytics that they don’t have a very good feel for things. 

It's hard when they don't know how many innings that they will need and most teams will run out of pitchers in 18 innings but yeah if a pitchers going good and there is no end in sight, they might as well get as much out of the pitchers as they can

Of course it’s tough, but that’s why I said it seems as though the team doesn’t have a great feel for things. 

they had a pitcher get 6 outs on 18 pitches, but didn’t bring him out for another inning. Two pitchers later, another reliever got 6 outs on 22 pitches, but they didn’t bring him out. Why did Gibson only pitch 1 inning when it was clear that they didn’t want to use Harper? 

The only pitcher I wish the Twins had stretched out more was Littel, mainly because he's a likely pitcher to be sent down. Granted, he wasn't doing all that well, but he was someone I'm sure they had wanted to get 3 innings out of, instead of having to even get Gibson in there for his bullpen session.

10 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Well we only have 2 all stars

Haha.

Yeah, that was a bit head scratching when that happened. At least, the All Star games doesn't decide home field advantage for the playoffs anymore, right? I think they did away with that, as that was a pretty dumb rule with how poorly the All Star teams are selected, at least for back-ups.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Haha.

Yeah, that was a bit head scratching when that happened. At least, the All Star games doesn't decide home field advantage for the playoffs anymore, right? I think they did away with that, as that was a pretty dumb rule with how poorly the All Star teams are selected, at least for back-ups.

It was an absolutely ridiculous rule that never should have lasted beyond the 1-year trial.  

As far as All-Star selections, I'm used to the Twins getting snubbed when they are good.  They only had 3 in 1991 (Aguilera, Morris, Puckett).  And since they require every team to be represented, small-market teams that are good are bound to get screwed, because they don't have nationally followed teams.  The White Sox get more because they play in Chicago...there has to be no other explanation as to why Abreu made the ASG.  

Anyway, I guess you can look at it positively, it lets players to get a well-needed rest before starting back up again...with not having a lot of rest lately, they'll need it.  

10 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Wild have signed: Ryan Hartman and Mat Zuccorello (or however that is spelled).

And the Timberwolves have signed no one.  A flurry of deals yesterday and they weren't involved in a single one of them.  How disappointing (and yet, not surprising in the least).