Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

I've been planning for months to go to the Wild game in Vegas on 3/16, but now that the United game is on 3/17, it is going to be tricky....

Fly out Friday morning, party in Vegas, go to the Wild game, fly back to MN overnight, party in Minneapolis, then go to the soccer game?  Don't even need a hotel!

It'll be interesting to see if and how these guys develop.  As we've seen from the last 2 staffs, it's one thing to know how to recruit (Brewster) and one thing to know how to coach (Kill/Claeys), but it's a whole other level to know how to do both.  I'll be watching to see how that 400-lb guy develops and also to see if Viramontes can take over the reins at QB, since it appears that they don't really have one at this point.  

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

WHAT A CLASS! Honestly great. Good chance 5 of these guys will be starters next year.

I don't know if it will be quite that high. The three to watch for next year are Viramontes (QB), Bateman (WR) and Oliver (LB).

If you guys didn't know, we beat Georgia, Texas A&M, Tennessee, South Carolina and Ole Miss in the last few weeks for Bateman, who is from Georgia. Unheard of!

1 hour ago, disaacs said:

It'll be interesting to see if and how these guys develop.  As we've seen from the last 2 staffs, it's one thing to know how to recruit (Brewster) and one thing to know how to coach (Kill/Claeys), but it's a whole other level to know how to do both.  I'll be watching to see how that 400-lb guy develops and also to see if Viramontes can take over the reins at QB, since it appears that they don't really have one at this point.  

Don't expect much for a little while from Faalele. Has only played 1 year of football in his life. Grew up a rugby player! :o

12 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Well you haven't, because this is the first year of the early signing period and Minnesota is the only school expected to sign its full class

True, but when you just had the traditional signing period, there were always a guy or 2 that would flip their commitments at the last moment...that's more of what I was referring to.  This is the first time I've ever heard where every guy that said he was committed actually committed.  

• Like 1

Just now, disaacs said:

True, but when you just had the traditional signing period, there were always a guy or 2 that would flip their commitments at the last moment...that's more of what I was referring to.  This is the first time I've ever heard where every guy that said he was committed actually committed.  

Fleck's recruits are loyal. Were that way at WMU and have started out that way at Minnesota.

• Like 1