Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

• 2 weeks later...

Garvin Alston isn’t the most well-known man in baseball, but it’s easy to see why the Twins were impressed with what he had to say when they interviewed him for their pitching coach opening.

Asked Thursday if he has a specialty pitch he likes to teach, Alston said pitch development was a key component of his previous stops with the Oakland A’s and San Diego Padres but quickly added a qualifier.

“First,” he said, “one of the biggest things I teach is commanding the zone with the fastball.”

Locating the fastball and getting ahead of hitters early has been a major point of emphasis for the Twins under chief baseball officer Derek Falvey and general manager Thad Levine since they took over the reins last November.

In Alston, they believe they’ve found their man.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/10/26/twins-new-pitching-coach-is-garvin-alston/

34 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't follow baseball much, but what's the outlook for the Twins? Will they sustain their luck or were they more like one hit wonders?

I would think they would be able to sustain for a little while as most of their core players are fairly young.  But, the pitching is a mess.  

• Like 1