Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Tomorrow night...I'm attending my first NHL game (even though it's preseason, it still counts for me) in 25 or 26 years...since whenever I last attended a North Stars game at the Met Center.  It's the Wild-Blues here in KC.  It should be fun for us...my wife has never been to a hockey game period...and the last time I went to one, I'm pretty sure Mike Modano was in his 2nd or 3rd yr in the league.

While I'll never feel about the Wild what I felt about the North Stars, it's always good to get to see some home state teams here in the Heartland (we saw the Heat-Wolves game last year in the preseason).  I just had a flashback to my young days, when I got a poster signed by Dino Ciccarelli and Neal Broten at a restaurant in Plymouth, MN which I believe was called Periwinkle's in the mid-80s.  

Nice news for Twins fans:

Miguel Sano is back from the DL, with three games to go.  Hopefully they DH him a couple of times in the series and hopefully he looks like he can hit decently well.

Now, the Twins will have to decide if they want Sano or Grossman for the single game against the Yankees, but Sano would likely be on the roster as a pinch hitter against the Yankees I'd think.

On 9/27/2017 at 3:47 PM, disaacs said:

Tomorrow night...I'm attending my first NHL game (even though it's preseason, it still counts for me) in 25 or 26 years...since whenever I last attended a North Stars game at the Met Center.  It's the Wild-Blues here in KC.  It should be fun for us...my wife has never been to a hockey game period...and the last time I went to one, I'm pretty sure Mike Modano was in his 2nd or 3rd yr in the league.

While I'll never feel about the Wild what I felt about the North Stars, it's always good to get to see some home state teams here in the Heartland (we saw the Heat-Wolves game last year in the preseason).  I just had a flashback to my young days, when I got a poster signed by Dino Ciccarelli and Neal Broten at a restaurant in Plymouth, MN which I believe was called Periwinkle's in the mid-80s.  

My wife was ecstatic that the game didn't go into OT (we thought for sure that it was, until Coyle scored with 4 secs to play).  We had a good time, despite being significantly outnumbered by Blues fans.  I do want to know what's up with the ridiculous 2-hands bouncing thing done by Blues' fans.  That was just dumb.  

Haha, there was a soccer game last night?

No, my phone alerted me to the final while I was at the bar watching the Twins game. 

That was a great start by the Twins, shame Santana couldn't have done a little bit better. Didn't help when the ump misses strike three on DiDi Gregorious, but he wasn't giving the low strike much in the game anyways, so not blaming the ump, just would have really helped the Twins if he had been calling it.

So onto next year for the Twins. With what they did this year the most important thing that they can do, and I think it'll happen this off season, is get Sano is shape. Sano is the type of player who would't have gotten into better shape as long as he didn't need to, but he wants to be one of the best, hence why his defense improved so much this year, and he's going to be mad that he wasn't a part of the roster and starting for the Twins, not because the Twins left himself off the roster, but because he wasn't able to go, so we're going to see, I think, a different Sano next year, one that is in somewhat better shape.

Then there is the rotation, right now it looks like Santana, Berrios, Gibson, and Mejia will be starters for sure, but who will be the 5th starter in the rotation? And can Mejia take a step and become a true #3-4 starter, right now he's a solid #5 starter, but we need him to step it up. Another player who we've seen glimpses of it from at times but needs to become more consistent.