Senior Bowl Thread

CalhounLambeau

11 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

MJ Stewart is this years EJ Gaines. A guy that had a great college career, showed out well in the draft season but then inexplicitly goes 3 rounds lower than his value.

I absolutely loved Gaines when he came out. I'll need to watch more of Stewart. 

12 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don't think he was late or lying or anything but this type of reactionary response is exactly why I am wary on the kid.

He could have simply said 'Mom was in the hospital, cant wait to get to the Senior Bowl tomorrow' or something but he took the immature road like he nearly ALWAYS does.

I still don't dock players that much for this type of stuff when scouting, but its annoying as hell and piles up over time.

42 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I don't think he was late or lying or anything but this type of reactionary response is exactly why I am wary on the kid.

He could have simply said 'Mom was in the hospital, cant wait to get to the Senior Bowl tomorrow' or something but he took the immature road like he nearly ALWAYS does.

I still don't dock players that much for this type of stuff when scouting, but its annoying as hell and piles up over time.

Why do you have to make sure he is an actual ****? lol.  Practiced today.

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

It's immature because he is tired of people telling him everything he does is stupid/wrong/immature and told them to back off. They didn't know the story, but jumped down his throat regardless. So yeah, I am fine with him telling people who always have something to say to get off his back. He reacted how any kid would if their mother was in the hospital, on edge and very irritable. 

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Some hack on twitter was slandering him alleging that Mayfield lied about having a family issue in order to skip the weigh-ins and coast through the Senior Bowl. The guy was basically implying that Baker Mayfield is a bad person for "lying about family issue" and taking a spot on the roster away from someone that needs it. If anything, Mayfield showed GREAT restraint by tweeting what he did. The guy deserved to be cussed out and dragged in the dirt for making such ridiculous comments. Mayfield let him off easy.

2 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Honestly I love this kind of reaction.  It's not like he went on some twitter rant and just tried to destroy the guy or was an ******* to him.

Something I've always loved about Mayfield, is that in everything he does, he has this self drive to prove himself, to himself and everyone else.  This is exactly what this tweet was meant to do.  My old football coach used to call it "putting your balls on the table".  Just saying things straight, no need to be excessive about it, but show what you have and move on.  He publicly announced why he was late, made a moral argument about why he did what he did (obvious choice), and moved on and said he's excited to be here...nothing wrong with that.

But it is pretty funny to me that things like this will get nitpicked because of his history.

25 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Multiple reports that DaeSean Hamilton picked up right where he left off last week

From what I saw on the broadcast he was running good routes and doing a good job of catching the ball away from his body.

Archived