Super Bowl LII - Patriots vs Eagles - What year is it?

Deadpulse

Image result for super bowl xxxix

Patriots versus Eagles in the Super... wait wait, thats not right. Hold one give me a second...

Image result for Super Bowl LII

There we go! That's better. So Patriots take on the Eagles yet again 13 years later and my god its been THIRTEEN YEARS?!

Image result for what year is it gif

Shamelessly pulled from an NFL Gen Post:

I mean, the coordinator situation is eerily similar. 

Image result for Belichick Mcdaniels Patricia

Belichick-Crennel-Weis-850x478.jpg

100 points to whoever can identify the fourth man in the 2018 picture ruining my comparison shot

2001: Patriots defeat NFC West Rams trying to get their second Super Bowl in franchise history and solidifying their historic offenses place in history.

2014: Patriots defeat NFC West Seahawks trying to get their second Super Bowl in franchise history and solidifying their historic defenses place in history. 

2003: Patriots defeat NFC South Panthers trying to get their first Super Bowl in franchise history coming off a magical year in a nail biter of a game. 

2016: Patriots defeat NFC South Falcons trying to get their first Super Bowl in franchise history coming off a magical year in a nail biter of a game. 

(incidentally both teams played in one other Super Bowl losing to the Denver Broncos)

2004: Patriots go for third title in four years against Philadelphia Eagles team whose best player is injured. 

2017: Patriots go for third title in four years against Philadelphia Eagles team whose best player is injured. 

8 hours ago, lancerman said:

2001: Patriots defeat NFC West Rams trying to get their second Super Bowl in franchise history and solidifying their historic offenses place in history.

2014: Patriots defeat NFC West Seahawks trying to get their second Super Bowl in franchise history and solidifying their historic defenses place in history. 

2003: Patriots defeat NFC South Panthers trying to get their first Super Bowl in franchise history coming off a magical year in a nail biter of a game. 

2016: Patriots defeat NFC South Falcons trying to get their first Super Bowl in franchise history coming off a magical year in a nail biter of a game. 

(incidentally both teams played in one other Super Bowl losing to the Denver Broncos)

2004: Patriots go for third title in four years against Philadelphia Eagles team whose best player is injured. 

2017: Patriots go for third title in four years against Philadelphia Eagles team whose best player is injured. 

42 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Patriots wearing White.....yesssss

was hoping we finally got to play in a SB in white you aholes 

(but really Green is our best look unlike the last time we played...so aesthetically it's a win for those watching ha)

12 hours ago, lancerman said:

And in both instances the Eagles went undefeated at home during the regular season (ignoring the season finale against due to resting starters) and played the Vikings and Falcons in the playoffs.

51 minutes ago, everlong said:
13 hours ago, lancerman said:

And in both instances the Eagles went undefeated at home during the regular season (ignoring the season finale against due to resting starters) and played the Vikings and Falcons in the playoffs.

after the game, both coordinators would go to the midwest.
The DC to Head Coach a perennial loser, who never quite seems to put it together...looking to finally have some post-season success since the super bowl era
The OC to Heach Coach a once successful and proud staple of its league...looking to right the ship after it spiraled out of control.

Man, the more think about this game, the more nervous I get.

The Pats just barely got by a similarly built opponent at home. Gronk's status is uncertain. The Eagles are a really well-coached team. And I don't trust the Pats to keep being able to pull out victories with the defense playing like garbage for 3/4 of the game.

18 hours ago, lancerman said:

When history repeats itself, it usually ends with Tom Brady holding a Lombardi Trophy.

1 hour ago, Starless said:

Man, the more think about this game, the more nervous I get.

The Pats just barely got by a similarly built opponent at home. Gronk's status is uncertain. The Eagles are a really well-coached team. And I don't trust the Pats to keep being able to pull out victories with the defense playing like garbage for 3/4 of the game.

Tom Brady tho

Our defense has been the best defense in ppg since week 6. A Miami team in Miami that usually gives us trouble, a top 5 QB that had the best WR in the league for part of the game, the best RB in the league, and a pretty deep offense were the only teams to break 20 on us since October 5th. And then a Jags team that just dropped 40 a Steelers team in Heinz field (a team we could only get 27 points on) hit 20 largely based off scripted plays in the first half. Hell our defense gave up 6 points in the whole second half. 0 points in the first quarter. They had a bad 2nd quarter. 

Let's please not act like our defense is playing bad and taking us to the brink every game. If anything our offense being relatively inept until the 4th quarter did that. It's like the Super Bowl. 

I think the offense will struggle at times just like they did with Jacksonville, however they should be able to figure things out and put up points in the mid 20s.

I'm really worried about the Eagles offense, that I think is a lot better than the Jaguars if Foles can put together a half way decent game. Jeffrey and Ertz are both fantastic at their respective receiving positions, and Agholor and Smith can open up the down field pass as well.

The Patriots defense is going to have their hands full

I didn't get a chance to watch the NFCCG or much of the Eagles at all this season.

How does their defense compare to Jacksonville's? I've been hearing their secondary isn't as talented, however they are better at getting pressure on the QB.

Archived