Saquan number 1 pick

cattleman78

12 hours ago, duke2056 said:

"IF" we want a QB at 4, and take Barkley at 1 and then a Qb at 4, I might just go unibomber on the stadium.

So to get a RB we run the enormous risk of getting our 3rd ranked QB at pick 4, rather than take our top QB and probably still be able to get Barkley at 4?   no.  no.  no.

Even if Barkley went before pick 4, I much rather have our top QB prospect and then our second rated non-QB prospect rather than barkley and NOT our top QB prospect.  Just crazy if anyone wants to do that. 

Some people have mentioned ranking three Qbs the same.  Yeah, fire everyone now if that is true.  I guarantee that isn't true though.  That has probably never been true in the history of ever. 

In for the Cleveland Browns bomber manifesto

"1. The post-expansion Cleveland Browns and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race."

I'm not against Saquon at 1, personally. But at this point I can't see it. He'd have to be the far and away BPA, a la Myles Garrett, to overcome the dire desire for a QB. I just don't believe that will happen. Perhaps the combine and pro days will alter my feelings on this. If Barkley runs a 4.3, out-benches the d-linemen and jumps into the upper deck without a running start, he can earn that clear cut BPA title.

7 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I'm not against Saquon at 1, personally. But at this point I can't see it. He'd have to be the far and away BPA, a la Myles Garrett, to overcome the dire desire for a QB. I just don't believe that will happen. Perhaps the combine and pro days will alter my feelings on this. If Barkley runs a 4.3, out-benches the d-linemen and jumps into the upper deck without a running start, he can earn that clear cut BPA title.

That’s great, he still isn’t worth number 1 ahead of a QB.

A “good” or “very good” QB does more for a team than a HOFer at any other position. Barry Sanders won one playoff game, and Barkley in all likelihood won’t be as good as him.

The idea of passing on a QB at 1 is mental masturbation, at best.

My thoughts on drafting a QB

if a QB is good enough to be drafted at #4 overall then he is good enough to be drafted #1 overall. Don’t be cute, just get your guy, don’t let he potential of another teal screwing up the draft by making a trade and stealing the guy you want. If the FO thinks a QB is that good, the rest of the league prolly does too and someone might be willing to get them. Heck the browns trying to outsmart the draft by seeing if they could get them at #4 might be a reason a team trades up. A team might see a player and think, oh well the Browns will just draft him #1, then that team sees that the browns don’t, so now they do what ever it takes to get ahead of the Browns at 4. 

Dont mess it up! Take QB #1 and then let the draft come to you. When you try and manipulate the draft, that’s when a team screws it self. Best example was the Phil Taylor draft lol

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

if a QB is good enough to be drafted at #4 overall then he is good enough to be drafted #1 overall. Don’t be cute, just get your guy, don’t let he potential of another teal screwing up the draft by making a trade and stealing the guy you want. If the FO thinks a QB is that good, the rest of the league prolly does too and someone might be willing to get them.

This.

Don’t overthink it, just take the QB and move on.

More stats that show the beast that is Barkley. 

I really think Sashi might of really liked Barkley because the advance stats show greatness from him. Maybe that’s why he was fired and Hue was kept. Maybe Huebris knew his offense sucked cause he didn’t have a #1 overall QB!

https://www.ndtscouting.com/crabbs-2018-production-metrics-running-backs/

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

I really think Sashi might of really liked Barkley because the advance stats show greatness from him. Maybe that’s why he was fired and Hue was kept. Maybe Huebris knew his offense sucked cause he didn’t have a #1 overall QB!

No analytics based FO would ever take an RB, even a special one, over a franchise QB. So unless they thought none of the guys this year were such, this would not be a thing.

I really like Barkey,  If he was there at 4 I would take him in a heartbeat.  If the front office wanted to trade up for him I would be okay with it.

However, long story short, hes 21 years old, and RB's tend to start to fall off at 27.  We would have 6, best case, hall of fame years out of him.

Sam Darnold is 20 years old, will be 21 by the time the season starts.  QB's start to fall off around 35 years old.

This simply cannot be ignored.  I don't care who it is at this point, if the scouts and front office and coaches all agree on a QB, you take him #1 and then decide what to do....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived