Saquan number 1 pick

cattleman78

5 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I really disagree about Chubb. He’s going to be an above average DE in the NFL and very much worth the 4th pick. I think I disagree about Fitzpatrick. He’s the type of player you just pick and put him somewhere in the secondary and let him play. He’s very versatile. Btw I say “I think” because I haven’t done as much research on him that I’d like. I am also definitely not sold On Saquon yet either. I’m not sold he can run between the tackles and not sure he’s got good vision. Again I need to watch more with him too. 

Just my ever so humble opinion. JMESHO for you lazy millennials :D

Why to all of these things though? Where do you see Chubb dominating? How will he beat OT's in the NFL consistently? How can we call Fitzpatrick versatile when he's played in the exact same spot in college (nickel edge)? I think Fitzpatrick could play FS, could play SS, could play corner. But if you're drafting him at #4 overall, I'm doing it because I love him as a SS down near the LOS. It's a terrible idea to take a dude that early and then switch his position with the hope that he has the skills to become elite at that spot as well. If we draft Fitzpatrick, I don't want him doing something other than what he's great at where he's great at. He's like an A- SS and a B FS. And a C+ CB. You wouldn't draft a (B) FS in the top 4. You could draft an A- SS in the top 4 and get away with it, but even that I question.

Strange you question the vision of Saquon. That's one of his greatest characteristics. I watched Barkley in 2016 against some team (forget who) where Penn State ran inside zone until their faces were numb. He can absolutely run inside. He's a 230 pound dude. Teams stacked the inside and double pinched down on their A gaps to force him to bounce. He made people pay out on ther perimeter as a result. And Penn State's OL is an abomination. That's why they were so perimeter oriented this past season with Barkley.

27 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Why to all of these things though? Where do you see Chubb dominating? How will he beat OT's in the NFL consistently? How can we call Fitzpatrick versatile when he's played in the exact same spot in college (nickel edge)? I think Fitzpatrick could play FS, could play SS, could play corner. But if you're drafting him at #4 overall, I'm doing it because I love him as a SS down near the LOS. It's a terrible idea to take a dude that early and then switch his position with the hope that he has the skills to become elite at that spot as well. If we draft Fitzpatrick, I don't want him doing something other than what he's great at where he's great at. He's like an A- SS and a B FS. And a C+ CB. You wouldn't draft a (B) FS in the top 4. You could draft an A- SS in the top 4 and get away with it, but even that I question.

Strange you question the vision of Saquon. That's one of his greatest characteristics. I watched Barkley in 2016 against some team (forget who) where Penn State ran inside zone until their faces were numb. He can absolutely run inside. He's a 230 pound dude. Teams stacked the inside and double pinched down on their A gaps to force him to bounce. He made people pay out on ther perimeter as a result. And Penn State's OL is an abomination. That's why they were so perimeter oriented this past season with Barkley.

Sorry my man I just disagree. Chubb is really good at rushing the passer with speed AND strength, AND really good at the run. Couple that with his non stop motor and I see an above average DE in the nfl. And as I’ve said I need to do more research on both Barkley and Fitzpatrick. I have seen gifs of Barkley missing open lanes in favor of bouncing it outside which he seems to prefer to do. And I’ve read GMs comments that they feel Fitzpatrick can play at an elite level anywhere in the secondary. 

But again let me emphasize I need to do my own evaluation to see for myself. 

I love Barkley's pure athleticism and acceleration in and out of cuts. One thing though is he doesn't break a ton of tackles. He's not quite the complete back in that regard but there's still so many things he does that are A+ tier.

Truth be told if we're sitting there at 4 and we've just drafted Darnold, I won't really mind what option we take with Barkley, whether that's drafting him or trading back for a haul.

QB is really all I care about at this point.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:52 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Maybe, but I don’t see an extra million or two meaning much to this guy...

screen_shot_2015-09-16_at_5.01.02_pm.png

That’s what he drives.  Bought it from his grandmother for 5k.

One of the things that has not been brought up is Cleveland driving up the price on cousins to get Denver and say Jacksonville to cut one of there star defensive players to sign him

30 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

One of the things that has not been brought up is Cleveland driving up the price on cousins to get Denver and say Jacksonville to cut one of there star defensive players to sign him

Cleveland can only drive the price up if he’s actually willing to play here, which I don’t believe he is from what’s being reported.

From what I gather, he wants to win, now, and money is not as high on his list as being in the right situation. If there’s any truth to that, we’re out of the mix.

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Cleveland can only drive the price up if he’s actually willing to play here, which I don’t believe he is from what’s being reported.

Which is not exactly what his agent is going to be promoting.

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

From what I gather, he wants to win, now, and money is not as high on his list as being in the right situation.

Fool me once with high fallooting, principled talk about things like winning being more important than money, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

How many times do you have to be swayed by this kind of professional athlete BS rhetoric until you choose simply to dismiss it?

7 hours ago, bruceb said:

Which is not exactly what his agent is going to be promoting.

That’s his job.  

7 hours ago, bruceb said:

Fool me once with high fallooting, principled talk about things like winning being more important than money, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

How many times do you have to be swayed by this kind of professional athlete BS rhetoric until you choose simply to dismiss it?

I’m not sure if this was sarcasm, but I hope so.

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

https://www.ndtscouting.com/ledyard-evaluating-beauty-saquon-barkleys-game-without-ignoring-warts/

If I had as much time to write novels as some in here this would be the article I’d write about Barkley. I’m crap at articulating my thoughts. One reason I miss @ditchdigger as he always completed my thoughts :(  anywho

Great post. 

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

https://www.ndtscouting.com/ledyard-evaluating-beauty-saquon-barkleys-game-without-ignoring-warts/

If I had as much time to write novels as some in here this would be the article I’d write about Barkley. I’m crap at articulating my thoughts. One reason I miss @ditchdigger as he always completed my thoughts :(  anywho

... that's all I have to say.

XOXO

-Bonanza

8 hours ago, brownie man said:

I've watched 

Michel

Jones

Chubb

Guice

Freeman

etc

Saquon Barkley is absolutely elite. I do agree he's got to be more aggressive and not just fall. If he can become the player that'll fight for each yard he can be the best back in the league 

As a Barkley “hater” (I like him, just not as much as most), is this something you teach, or something you do instinctively?

His game has been predicated so heavily on being faster and more athletic than everyone, but how well is that going to work in the league?

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As a Barkley “hater” (I like him, just not as much as most), is this something you teach, or something you do instinctively?

I think it's a combination of both. What I want to know is:

1. Is it a problem with vision? If so, that's concerning and hard to teach.

2. Is it a matter of him wanting to do too much and hitting a homerun every time? That can be corrected, but when you harp correcting this, sometimes you lose what makes you great, which is hitting the homerun based upon these instincts.

3. Was his offensive line so bad (it was bad at Penn State) that his coaches felt like running aggressively between the tackles was pointless/was it a scheme issue?

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

His game has been predicated so heavily on being faster and more athletic than everyone, but how well is that going to work in the league?

I'd also love to see him with an NFL caliber OL and scheme. I also love what he does in the passing game as a blocker and receiver, so he is versatile.

I'm not making the argument to draft him at #4, but if we did, after drafting Darnold (don't mess this up Front Office/HC), then I'll be fine with it, because at least he's an offensive weapon, which we have lacked since the Braylon/KWII days.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I think it's a combination of both. What I want to know is:

1. Is it a problem with vision? If so, that's concerning and hard to teach.

2. Is it a matter of him wanting to do too much and hitting a homerun every time? That can be corrected, but when you harp correcting this, sometimes you lose what makes you great, which is hitting the homerun based upon these instincts.

3. Was his offensive line so bad (it was bad at Penn State) that his coaches felt like running aggressively between the tackles was pointless/was it a scheme issue?

I'd also love to see him with an NFL caliber OL and scheme. I also love what he does in the passing game as a blocker and receiver, so he is versatile.

I'm not making the argument to draft him at #4, but if we did, after drafting Darnold (don't mess this up Front Office/HC), then I'll be fine with it, because at least he's an offensive weapon, which we have lacked since the Braylon/KWII days.

Excellent thought to me his floor is around 1600 yards

his ceiling is north of chris johnson 2200 plus yards

Archived