Saquan number 1 pick

cattleman78

42 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Yeah, there are a ton of people who don't want Saquon as a first preference at pick 4--forget about pick 1. Saquon really does seem to go down as soon as he's touched. That's what stuck out to me over and over. Still looks very good but not preferable as a top pick. I don't get why these guys are so into him: 

I think it's mostly the explosiveness. He would be a good fit in our offense and everyone loves a homerun threat. Sharing time with Duke means he probably gets 20 touches or less per game so I don't know if the value is there but if he can be a little bigger version of Alvin Kamara he'd be worth it.

I get the he goes down on first contact thing

I’d actually really like to get one more back and have a 3 headed monster

Barkley

Duke

Royce Freeman/ Bo Scarborough in the 4th or later

Dayes is cool but he’s expendable with that staple you’ve got it all and everyone can maximize their talents and you could get that bruiser role at a value pick 

25 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I get the he goes down on first contact thing

I’d actually really like to get one more back and have a 3 headed monster

Barkley

Duke

Royce Freeman/ Bo Scarborough in the 4th or later

Dayes is cool but he’s expendable with that staple you’ve got it all and everyone can maximize their talents and you could get that bruiser role at a value pick 

See, I like what I've seen from Dayes and see us missing a complete back to go with Duke. The other top backs after Barkley--Michel, Guice and even Freeman & Chubb--look more complimentary to Duke IMO. Barkley us a great receiving/third down back, but that is also where Duke shines. 

6 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Yeah, there are a ton of people who don't want Saquon as a first preference at pick 4--forget about pick 1. Saquon really does seem to go down as soon as he's touched. That's what stuck out to me over and over. Still looks very good but not preferable as a top pick. I don't get why these guys are so into him: 

My actual quote: "I wouldn't take him at 4."

6 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Ain't no set of facts on which it would make sense to take Barkley at #1.

Outside of the fact he’s one of the most physical gifted players in this draft and to play the RB position and the best player in this draft by a lot I beg to differ 

17 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Outside of the fact he’s one of the most physical gifted players in this draft and to play the RB position and the best player in this draft by a lot I beg to differ 

What makes him the best player?

Or are we just stating opinion as fact and hoping it sticks?

23 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

He has chinks in his armour and, well, he is not a QB which there is an abundance of and which we kinda need.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What makes him the best player?

Or are we just stating opinion as fact and hoping it sticks?

No he easily is by a mile. And has been unanimously among many professionals boards for months. He’s had another superb year. He’s physically elite. Perfect character. If we were going off straight talent and not positional value. Barkely is the best player in the draft hands down. He has an extremely high ceiling and a high floor. At worst he’s top 10-15 back. At best he’s a legit all pro talent. Minka would be second then everyone else. Barkley is this drafts Myles Garrett. 

1 minute ago, bosko1616 said:

No he easily is by a mile. And has been unanimously among many professionals boards for months. He’s had another superb year. He’s physically elite. Perfect character. If we were going off straight talent and not positional value. Barkely is the best player in the draft hands down. He has an extremely high ceiling and a high floor. At worst he’s top 10-15 back. At best he’s a legit all pro talent. Minka would be second then everyone else. Barkley is this drafts Myles Garrett. 

Ah, so opinion then.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ah, so opinion then.

Um no it’s fact he’s the best player in the draft. He’s elite in virtually every single category. Checks off every box. It’s not even close. But I just because he’s the best doesnt mean he’ll be the pick. 

10 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Um no it’s fact he’s the best player in the draft. He’s elite in virtually every single category. Checks off every box. It’s not even close. But I just because he’s the best doesnt mean he’ll be the pick. 

I’m not sure you understand the difference between fact and opinion.

Archived