Saquan number 1 pick

cattleman78

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

True but I think money talks. That's always been Kirk's biggest thing with the Redskins and why he's even in this situation to begin with.

Stafford makes 27/yr and that's the highest. I think if you offered Cousins 25-26/yr and your the highest bidder, he's going to have a hard time turning that down.

Maybe, but I don’t see an extra million or two meaning much to this guy...

screen_shot_2015-09-16_at_5.01.02_pm.png

That’s what he drives.  Bought it from his grandmother for 5k.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Bad? No.  But our defense isn’t Jax or Minny good.  Still don’t have the weapons Minny does either tbh.

And neither team is the Browns.

Gordon Landry Barkley and duke is pretty damn good.  Njoku there too.  Our defence certainly could be as good as those if we used all of our picks on defense other than Barkley.  

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

Gordon Landry Barkley and duke is pretty damn good.  Njoku there too.  Our defence certainly could be as good as those if we used all of our picks on defense other than Barkley.  

It’s certainly possible, but it’s all a projection. Those other teams were in the conference championship games without him, we’re 4-44 the last 3 years.

I just think it’s a hard sell and if I were a betting man Cleveland isn’t where I’d put my money.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s certainly possible, but it’s all a projection. Those other teams were in the conference championship games without him, we’re 4-44 the last 3 years.

I just think it’s a hard sell and if I were a betting man Cleveland isn’t where I’d put my money.

Jacksonville had 4 wins the year before and was nearly as futile as us.  This year could be an aberration.  Their sustained success is projection as well.  

I dont disagree with your premise that he won’t come here though.  I think it’s gonna be Alex smith.  When times get tough you rely on people you trust and go back to the well.  Alex smith revived the chiefs.  John Dorsey knows this 

16 minutes ago, mistakey said:

See I disagree.  I think it’s the right move and right fit.  Can trade #1 or #4 for picks the next couple years.  And he’s a damn good quarterback 

I wouldn't hate it or anything. Because I think he is a solid-good QB. Eyeball test always gives me the feeling though that he isn't great and he's 30. I'm sure there are many variables accounting for it, but fact does remain he has a losing career record. Is he going to win anything with an 0-16 team before he's past his prime?

I think I just prefer it rolling with the 20 year old blue-chip QB and building organically around him.

44 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I wouldn't hate it or anything. Because I think he is a solid-good QB. Eyeball test always gives me the feeling though that he isn't great and he's 30. I'm sure there are many variables accounting for it, but fact does remain he has a losing career record. Is he going to win anything with an 0-16 team before he's past his prime?

I think I just prefer it rolling with the 20 year old blue-chip QB and building organically around him.

I mean look at these QB win/loss percentages.

Matt Stafford - .469

Kirk Cousins- .458

They are all extremely similar QBs in terms of their value impacting wins/losses and I know everybody on this board would kill to have Stafford on the Browns. So what's the hesitation with Cousins?

Let's looks at their TD/INT ratios.

Matt Stafford - 1.83

Kirk Cousins - 1.81

Now look at their completion%

Matt Stafford - 62%

Kirk Cousins - 66%

Essentially Stafford and Cousins are nearly identical players but one threw to Megatron his whole career and one threw to Pierre Garcon and is more accurate. I'm rolling with Cousins all day every day if the opportunity comes up

13 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I don't know if I'd go as far to say there's 3-5 legit #1 overall QB candidates.

I mean, pretty much every analyst has at least two candidates for #1, with most having at least three. I've seen a handful of tweets from the more FO-connected and less scout-y media guys that say if you don't have three QBs going in the top 5 of your draft, you're crazy.

Pretty much everybody agrees that Darnold and Rosen are at least candidates there. And then most have one of Mayfield/Allen as a third, with some even still hyping Jackson there. (For the record, I still love Jackson's potential with a super creative OC, I just don't see one of those, who also needs a QB, in the top 10.)

If we sign Cousins, Barkley is #1. Use whoever is left at QB (Baker or Allen) at #4 as trade bait. Get the best OT we can get for a boat load of picks both current and future. I'd then look to trade back up in the first and target Cortland Sutton or Calvin Ridley. Basically I'm saying surround Cousins with skilled talent and insurance to protect his blindspot going into the future. I'd also have targeted highend CBs in FA then do 2nd day draft magic to get Carlton Davis on this team. I'm feeling a wacky mock coming on.... :D

That is all

Mastercheddaar

On 1/22/2018 at 5:09 PM, Mind Character said:

My prediction is that Barkley's blocking is picked to pieces over the next 3 months and at the end of the day he's seen as a top 12 player instead of a top 5 lock.

I'm telling you guys...his blocking is atrocious...I was freaking shocked. Kept watching more games to see him in pass pro...and things looked worse and worse.

I don't know if we can take a RB that can't block no matter how special top 5.

With Barkley, another reason why I said he'd fall in the draft well before draft media types was also because Saquon does not break a lot of tackles and his contact balance is not elite. His balance is elite of course but not so on contact and surprisingly for a top back his legs die on contact.

He runs away from everyone...he's a Ferrari and is rarely touched in his big games.

He has the lower body bulk, strength, power, and explosiveness to consistently run through tackles and stay balanced for impressive hard nosed runs.

Those types of runs are really nonexistent in his game which is peculiar for a top RB.

That may again turn some people off especially in a talented RB class and cause him to slip all the way to 12.

It sounds crazy, but when it happens remember I talked on the forum first while everyone was speaking as if he was going number 1.

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

With Barkley, another reason why I said he'd fall in the draft well before draft media types was also because Saquon does not break a lot of tackles and his contact balance is not elite. His balance is elite of course but not so on contact and surprisingly for a top back his legs die on contact.

He runs away from everyone...he's a Ferrari and is rarely touched in his big games.

He has the lower body bulk, strength, power, and explosiveness to consistently run through tackles and stay balanced for impressive hard nosed runs.

Those types of runs are really nonexistent in his game which is peculiar for a top RB.

That may again turn some people off especially in a talented RB class and cause him to slip all the way to 12.

It sounds crazy, but when it happens remember I talked on the forum first while everyone was speaking as if he was going number 1.

I’m the original Barkley hater sir.

I will not give up my throne without a fight.

I'm not a Cousin's fan at all, especially if he signs with Cleveland for bigger bucks. Is he a winner or just in it for the money??? If he signs with Cleveland for more money, is he really going to care if we win or not as long as he makes his???

QB's like Brady take less salary so their team can sign more solid FA's, I cannot see Cousins doing this!!!

I've thought about Barkley at #4 and I am coming around to it especially given how much talk there is out there, that he is the #1 talent in this draft. I would prefer we trade the #4 pick to a QB desperate team holding a top 10 pick for added assets, but that assumes there will be a QB available at the fourth pick who ranks as a top 5 pick, otherwise a trade back becomes impossible and we will have to use the 4th pick ourselves.

Here's why I am considering Barkley, first, he is a real talent no matter the haters say, second, we are not going to be able to sign a reliable starting QB who can start for us, for say 7 or 8 games, no decent QB will sign with us if we intend to draft a QB #1 overall, knowing he will be our starter, starting around game 7 to 9, they will all sign with teams who offer them a real career opportunity to be their full time starter. So we will need an offensive weapon till our rookie QB can come up to snuff around games 7 or 8 and Barkley could carry this team for that period and still be a weapon even after our rookie QB functions well. With a Barkley, we might win 3 or 4 games, without him, we could easily be looking at maybe 2 or 3 games, if that???

If there was a superb LT in this draft class, I would consider him as well, to protect our rookie QB's blindside. Thomas will have retired by the time our rookie QB has real success in the NFL, but alas, no such being exists.

I firmly believe, you build up one side of your team first, trying to do 2 jobs at the same time, usually leaves a team rather mediocre on both sides of the ball. So. IMO. we should use the 2018 draft to rebuild a solid offense and worry about the defense with the 2019 draft. This way, in year 2 for our QB, we could be potential contenders for a long time to come, that's of course, if our dear owner does interfer with the process once more!!!

On 1/26/2018 at 8:52 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Maybe, but I don’t see an extra million or two meaning much to this guy...

screen_shot_2015-09-16_at_5.01.02_pm.png

That’s what he drives.  Bought it from his grandmother for 5k.

13 hours ago, dawgdish said:

For real? Where's the Free Candy sign?

1f0f2a521a996fe9fce4800ab6342f83--man-ph

14 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Yeah, there are a ton of people who don't want Saquon as a first preference at pick 4--forget about pick 1. Saquon really does seem to go down as soon as he's touched. That's what stuck out to me over and over. Still looks very good but not preferable as a top pick. I don't get why these guys are so into him: 

14 hours ago, bruceb said:

take him at 4

12 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m the original Barkley sir

give up my throne without a fight.

Archived