Saquan number 1 pick

cattleman78

I like Lance Zierlein a lot, but the idea of comparing Barry to Barkley is one of the most annoying takes ever.

Barry was a bowling ball, had the best contact balance of all time, bounced of tackles, took major blows and balanced up and ran for another 30 yards, everyone remembers Barry for his elusiveness, but he was a monster on and after contact.

The literal comparison for Saquon Barkley is Reggie Bush. Reggie and Saquon had completely different body types and were on the opposite ends of the spectrum physicality wise. For years, Reggie was maligned as only an outside runner which was false because he was a complete back whose size blinded people to how he could be used. Without the multiple catastrophic knee injuries, he would've been a repeated elite complete back.

Saquon has the elusiveness, rare top end speed, pass catching versatility, special teams versatility and running style of Reggie Bush at the height of his powers.

Saquon is bigger and stronger so that makes him an even more desirable prospect; however, Reggie and Saquon both suffer from blocking issues and even worse their legs die on contact.

No one talks about it...no one at all, but if you watch Saquon's games he doesn't get touched in all his big time runs. He uses his speed and elusiveness and burst to accelerate to a speed that outpaces the college football field.

When he does get touched or is hit on the legs...he goes down fast and easy like every other non-elite back which is shocking due to the strength of his legs and quads.

He doesn't really run through tackles all that much either. The instances are few and far between.

Someone really watch his tape and prove to me otherwise.

I can say all these criticisms and say Saquon is a top 12 talent, a great RB prospect, and I'd love to have him on our team.

8 hours ago, Mind Character said:

John Dorsey will be selecting Baker Mayfield number 1 overall, MARK IT DOWN IN STONE...I guarantee it 2000%.... I'd bet the house on it.

Everyone will rationalize the selection, and love it after Darnold's hands are measured to be small at the combine.

Enjoy the rest of the crazy season!.....I've had my fill.

Are you betting your house? And if so, what kind of square footage are we talking about? School district? Pool situation?

2 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Are you betting your house? And if so, what kind of square footage are we talking about? School district? Pool situation?

Haha... nice school district, working class neighborhood, no pool, nice square footage.... I had few too many drinks last night with friends for pre-Super Bowl festivities and when I  got back late I must have been on some weird stuff.

19 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Haha... nice school district, working class neighborhood, no pool, nice square footage.... I had few too many drinks last night with friends for pre-Super Bowl festivities and when I  got back late I must have been on some weird stuff.

Too many drinks? What does that even mean? There can be too many? ;):D

No pool, no deal.

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/04/scot-mccloughan-preferred-derrius-guice-to-saquon-barkley/

McCloughan about to be Public Enemy #1 in Cleveland when he goes Baker and then passes on Barkley.

Sure, but he pretty much built that super bowl winning Seattle team and had SF and WAS on the right track so maybe we should listen to what this guy has to say 

16 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Sure, but he pretty much built that super bowl winning Seattle team and had SF and WAS on the right track so maybe we should listen to what this guy has to say 

Not arguing that, merely posting an article that contradicts a lot of Barkley love and talent evaluation from someone in the FO, very similar to the Mayfield one you posted.

Archived