Saquan number 1 pick

cattleman78

There's no way we don't pick a QB at 1. Cousins will use the Browns as leverage but will likely wind up back in DC. Even if he bails, why wouldn't an established team like Denver, Jacksonville, or Minnesota get first dibs? 

Barkley is possible at 4 and only at 4. 

3 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Even if he bails, why wouldn't an established team like Denver, Jacksonville, or Minnesota get first dibs? 

Salary cap :ph34r:

Not sure they can afford him.  And we can pay more than the teams who actually can afford him.

4 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

Salary cap :ph34r:

Vikings will have upwards of 57 mill, Broncos have 29 mill, and Jags have 17 mill. Cousins wants 25 a year. Likely puts Jacksonville out of the market, but who knows how they could finagle a deal. Denver and Minnesota definitely have the space to make it happen. 

32 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Vikings will have upwards of 57 mill, Broncos have 29 mill, and Jags have 17 mill. Cousins wants 25 a year. Likely puts Jacksonville out of the market, but who knows how they could finagle a deal. Denver and Minnesota definitely have the space to make it happen. 

The only way JAX can do it is if they cut Bortles ($19 million) before the March deadline. Otherwise, I think they're out of luck. As for the Vikings, I personally believe that they stick with Keenum, but I could be wrong.

Denver is a darkhorse/wildcard.

58 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

Or that the Colts wont trade down.

This is the most likely scenario. I think the Colts are actually more likely to trade down than any team in the top 10. They have a ton of holes, but no burning need for a RB or a DE or a FS/SS (Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick). They could easily trade down into the 8-10 range and bolster the rest of that putrid roster. Plus, they will have zero interest in taking a QB. I have seen so many people claiming that they'll be in the market because of Luck's injury, but that's just insanity to me. They aren't giving up on a guy that was perceived to be the best QB of this generation as a prospect because he missed some significant time. He might be done, but they're going to make damn sure of that before investing a top 3 pick in another QB.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m excited to see Coleman get a chance to play with a vet QB.

I realize he hasn’t looked great this far, but I really feel like he’s a better player than what we’ve seen. WR is a position so dependent on the QB it can be hard to look great if the qb can’t get you the ball.

I agree, he has shows flashes when he hasn't been hurt. Remember the Ravens game before he got injured last year or the first 5-6 games of this season when him and Kizer had a good connection going. He looked great. 

Unfortunately hes gotten injured both years and when he has came back later in the season he has looked out of sync and now people are calling him a bust. I disagree. Laquan Treadwell is a bust. Coleman has flashed many times but has suffered from injury.

I think a quick hitting offense to use his speed to separate off the line with a a QB that could give him consistent catchable balls would do wonders. 

All WRs need to establish a rhythm with their QB and Kizer with his accuracy is so sparatic it's hard for anybody to get into any sort of flow and confidence going.

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

if they get cousins that means you subtract blake bortles 19!!! million dollar salary
they prob cut chris ivory too which would give them another 7 mil

thats kirk cousins right there

As great as Cousins would be, I don’t think he sees us as anything more than a negotiating tool.

He’s not old, but he’s not young either.  I don’t know if he wants to waste part of his prime with a historically shaky franchise when he can join a ready made contender. And for what? A 5% higher salary?

I just don’t see it.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As great as Cousins would be, I don’t think he sees us as anything more than a negotiating tool.

He’s not old, but he’s not young either.  I don’t know if he wants to waste part of his prime with a historically shaky franchise when he can join a ready made contender. And for what? A 5% higher salary?

I just don’t see it.

I hope you're right. I don't think it's the right move or the right fit for us, an 0-16 team with the #1 pick in a QB rich class.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just don’t see it.

Say we sign Jarvis Landry, and he gets a guarantee that we take Barkley.  With josh Gordon, is our offense really that bad (if we have Kurt?)

i atree that we prob wont get him but I think it will be because his salary is too high.  He’s about to get the biggest contract ever.

Just now, Aztec Hammer said:

I hope you're right. I don't think it's the right move or the right fit for us, an 0-16 team with the #1 pick in a QB rich class.

See I disagree.  I think it’s the right move and right fit.  Can trade #1 or #4 for picks the next couple years.  And he’s a damn good quarterback 

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just don’t see it.

True but I think money talks. That's always been Kirk's biggest thing with the Redskins and why he's even in this situation to begin with.

Stafford makes 27/yr and that's the highest. I think if you offered Cousins 25-26/yr and your the highest bidder, he's going to have a hard time turning that down.

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Say we sign Jarvis Landry, and he gets a guarantee that we take Barkley.  With josh Gordon, is our offense really that bad (if we have Kurt?)

i atree that we prob wont get him but I think it will be because his salary is too high.  He’s about to get the biggest contract ever.

Bad? No.  But our defense isn’t Jax or Minny good.  Still don’t have the weapons Minny does either tbh.

And neither team is the Browns.

Archived