Super Bowl 52 GDT: New England Evil Empires vs Philadelphia Destiny

Just now, nlesthought said:

I think wide nine has become synonymous with Schwartz, he doesn't employ the alignment as much but he does stick to his ideology of front four get upfield create havoc philosophy. 

That may be the case. I don´t remember seeing our DEs lined up on the outside shoulder of the TE all that much if at all. 

Click bait

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/multiple-eagles-starters-battling-illness-ahead-of-super-bowl-lii/ar-BBIA4gE?li=BBnb7Kz

Timmy J and Kendricks fighting colds....

I did wonder when Maragos couldn't get dinner reservations if there'd be news of a bunch of guys getting sick (food poisoning). This sounds like a case of the sniffles which I currently have. 

3 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I have one question. Do we really line up on the wide 9 that much? I hear a lot of how the Patriots will attack our wide 9 alignment, but I don´t see us lining up that way all that much, at least not as much as we did with Washburn. 

Yeah I've only really seen a few times we were in true wide-9.

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

How dare that guy love his kid! Friggin' weirdo! 

Wait, there's a difference between loving your kid(s) and receiving CPR while fully conscious/functional? 

On 1/30/2018 at 2:03 AM, jonu62882 said:

He's taking them for pizza and ice cream after the game!  DQ Blizzards for everyone!

I obviously was joking about this, but yeah I didn't realize this was an actual thing.

You guys here about this? LOL

Anyone else read that article on theringer.com about the Eagles culture shift from Chip to Pederson? It was really good. And if you don't read that site much, this would be a good week to check it out. Their football guys actually know (minus Lombardi) their stuff. And there's a bunch of great Eagles stuff this last week for the Superbowl. 

But I mentioned the article because of that Doug vid which is simply amazing btw. 

It talks about how miserable the guys were when Chip was here. How the culture was terrible..Guys were not into the team as much because everyone felt like they could be traded at any point. 

And get this crap: Chip literally wouldn't let any players come to him directly without first passing along whatever it is you want to speak with him about to some middle man. What a douchebag. Doug, meanwhile, since he first got here, has always had a meeting with the teams leaders (IIRC Wentz, Jenkins, Kelce, and Celek) every week just them and him. So they can let Doug know about any issues guys might have and what not.

Zach Ertz said that it was a "miserable/terrible locker room" and that guys were only worried about whether they got their catches or yards on offense. Which is such a different team culture than it is now. Where our #1 $13million/year WR literally can go games in a row with 2 or less catches but be happy as long as we won. Which I guess exemplifies the rest of the team too.

And it delves into how Howie is basically the GOAT. How instead of trading guys who'd been with the team their whole careers, went on to give guys like Lane, Ertz, Curry, Cox, etc all extensions. Which shows loyalty and it shows the guys who haven't gotten paid yet that if they play well and work hard they get rewarded and not traded for Kiko Alonso. 

Last thing I'll mention was how our players have been making sure to make any new players feel super welcome. Apparently within 2 hours of Jernigan getting traded to us, Cox called him to talk to him and welcome him. Jernigan said he was like how the hell did this dude get my cell number so fast ha. And then there's Jenkins who talked P-Rob into coming here. And apparently he got him to sign here just by talking to him about the locker room atmosphere , the players around him, etc. Not by talking X's and O's

That's just still a few small parts I remember from the article. Everyone go read it it's entertaining as hell

Archived