Eagles vs Patriots SBLII GDT

Nabbs4u

19 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

No excuses, just dont want to find out years down the line that Billy Boy had some nefarious activities going on that violated some rules.

Oh please, we all know you actually do hope that happens so you can always have an excuse to fall back on if the Eagles lose.

It's glaringly obvious

15 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Oh please, we all know you actually do hope that happens so you can always have an excuse to fall back on if the Eagles lose.

It's glaringly obvious

Or it could just mean that I hope it's a clean game...just like I stated so obviously.

Why are Pats fans so defensive...

13 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Or it could just mean that I hope it's a clean game...just like I stated so obviously.

because you're bringing up something from over a decade ago knowing exactly what it is you're trying to do

24 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Because you didn't say "I hope it's a clean game", you specifically brought up cheating and nefarious activities directed towards the Pats, when people were talking actual football gameplans. 

It's a tactic used a lot on these forums, passive aggressive statements that give you plausible deniability but are glaringly obvious to what your real motives were by posting it.

And you subsequent posts just hammered it home. It's okay, you wanted to get the whole "the Pats are cheaters" storyline in here ahead of the game as a prepare excuse, we are used to it. 

59 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Only if Bill pays a hot chick to put roofies in a drink the night before...the Patriot way.

I'm fully on board with this if it's the new conspiracy theory you're going to officially roll out. Belichick is Ace Rothstein and Nicky Santoro both at once.

See, this is the problem with Pats fans in general.  Anytime, some brings up the Spygate, Deflategate, etc., you guys act like nothing ever happened...

You guys in that deep cover espionage puttin that Soviet-Era KGB Putin Tactics to shame...

If the teams are so great, I just want to know...why even stoop to even 1 ounce of cheating?!  Just tell me why?  You have the GOAT Coach/QB, why even the need to do that?!  Nobody is tied to as much scandals/cheating as this era of Patriots in the history of the NFL...

2 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

See, this is the problem with Pats fans in general.  Anytime, some brings up the Spygate, Deflategate, etc., you guys act like nothing ever happened...

It's not that I don't think anything ever happened, it's that I don't care.

9 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

You guys in that deep cover espionage puttin that Soviet-Era KGB Putin Tactics to shame...

If the teams are so great, I just want to know...why even stoop to even 1 ounce of cheating?!  Just tell me why?  You have the GOAT Coach/QB, why even the need to do that?!  Nobody is tied to as much scandals/cheating as this era of Patriots in the history of the NFL...

To the bolded....because countless other teams and coaches have admitted to doing the same.

Someone show this guy Tom Brady's passer rating splits before and after Deflategate.

Does this guy realize the Pats have been to more SB since Spygate happened than they went before it broke? Does he realize that they have the same winning percentage? 

You see this is the problem with the fans of teams that play the Patriots in general. They create this boogeyman that doesn't exist because they just can't comprehend that BB and Brady are just that good that they have been able to win so damn much.

Yea, no team has been tied to as many scandals as the Patriots since 2000....the Patriots have also dominated the league a ridiculous amount in that time. The best teams ALWAYS get the most scrutiny, and the Patriots have been going through the most dominant run in sports history. 

You can keep sitting there and making pre-emptive excuses for a possible loss to make yourself feel better, we're used to it by now. 

7 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

I'll take that over "it didn't happen".  At least, then you're being honest.

I'm cool with all manner of skullduggery, as long as it's not being sanctioned by league officials. I think it's part of the competition and anyone who goes into pro sports with some expectation of everyone around them being some sort of eagle scout is committing an act of self-sabotage. 

Stealing signals, stealing playbooks, and all other varieties of espionage is a tradition in pro football that goes back to the days of Halas, Brown and Lombardi. If a team doesn't want to fall victim to it, they should wise up and take steps to protect themselves.

Having said that, a lot of what the Patriots have been accused of is more rumor than fact, so let's not throw around claims that we can't back up.

Just now, Starless said:

I'm cool with all manner of skullduggery, as long as it's not being sanctioned by league officials. I think it's part of the competition and anyone who goes into pro sports with some expectation of everyone around them being some sort of eagle scout is committing an act of self-sabotage. 

Exactly....anyone trying to say the Pats are the only team that looks for an advantage and skirts the rules is being willfully ignorant. 

4 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Someone show this guy Tom Brady's passer rating splits before and after Deflategate.

Does this guy realize the Pats have been to more SB since Spygate happened than they went before it broke? Does he realize that they have the same winning percentage? 

You see this is the problem with the fans of teams that play the Patriots in general. They create this boogeyman that doesn't exist because they just can't comprehend that BB and Brady are just that good that they have been able to win so damn much.

Yea, no team has been tied to as many scandals as the Patriots since 2000....the Patriots have also dominated the league a ridiculous amount in that time. The best teams ALWAYS get the most scrutiny, and the Patriots have been going through the most dominant run in sports history. 

You can keep sitting there and making pre-emptive excuses for a possible loss to make yourself feel better, we're used to it by now. 

I just don't believe that there wasn't any competitive advantage gained from all this no matter how good they are...

I mean why even do it if you're that good...I mean just head and shoulders above everyone.

First of all, I think the Pats benefited against so many crappy teams within their division over the last 17 years.  Their division provides no real challenge so they feast on that, get easy wins, and that helps boost their record year in and year out to get them to the playoffs and HFA's.  They are 72-21 against the AFC East since 2001.  That's insane.  And you know BB, tries anything to gain advantages for the big games.  Are they genius, brilliant, and talented?  No doubt, but you can't tell me the Pats wouldn't be this successful without all this extra help and that there isn't some advantage gained by what he was doing.

Archived