Eagles vs Patriots SBLII GDT

Nabbs4u

2 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Un

Unfortunately, you're gonna have to beat TWO teams on Sunday: 

Things-the-refs-missed-1024x866.jpg

'Nuf 'sed.

Can you stop. 

1. There's a whole thread for people crying about the reffing in the Jags game.

2. The Jags got away with more interference and holding than the Patriots and I can supply a stupid little picture collage to support it.

Just now, lancerman said:

You do realize the Falcons most likely lost because they wouldn't play conservative and run the ball to chew up clock right? Like the Falcons were throwing the ball all day going for big time plays like the Julio play the whole second half. Right until the Patriots final possession. It always amuses me that the takeaway from that game is so wrong.

I think the Falcons could've helped themselves by going more conservative in the late stages of that game, but there's a happy medium before doing what they did and what the Jags did (i.e. predictably running on every first down in the 4th quarter).

Just now, Starless said:

I think the Falcons could've helped themselves by going more conservative in the late stages of that game, but there's a happy medium before doing what they did and what the Jags did (i.e. predictably running on every first down in the 4th quarter).

And here's the difference... the Jags had Blake Bortles and knew he was very capable of losing the game vs them. People can be upset about it, but they would have been killed if he had a quick three and out or an interception.

8 minutes ago, lancerman said:

And here's the difference... the Jags had Blake Bortles and knew he was very capable of losing the game vs them. People can be upset about it, but they would have been killed if he had a quick three and out or an interception.

You can't play scared. Bortles had been good the whole game and the Jags had 'em on the ropes. There was no reason for them at all to get conservative.

The Eagles are the first team the Patriots have faced in this years playoffs THAT HAVE NOT LOST TO BLAINE GABBERT!

Indy and Savage/Yates Houston were hideous.

• The no-DeShaun Texans were 1-9 (I live in Houston, they were friggin awful)
  • The Colts went 2-0 against the no-DeShaun Texans and 2-12 in their other games.
  • The 9-7 Titans were 3-1 against the Texans and Colts (DeShaun beat them 57-14) and 6-6 against the rest of the league.
  • The 10-6 Jags were 4-0 against the Texans and Colts and 6-6 against the rest of the league.
  • The Jags averaged 6.0 ppg on D in those 4 games. (28 sacks). The Jags averaged 20.3 ppg in their other 12 games.(27 sacks)

The AFC was 1990s awful this year. The NFC was 41-23 head to head.

The Patriots D got 'better' because they played 5 AFC East games after the bye along with Oakland and Denver.

The Patriots are not ready for this Eagles team. (lack of overall team talent, not preparation)

• Cam Newton has been a 78 rated QB since he was the LVP of Super Bowl L. He put up a 130 rating on the Patriots.
  • Tampa thoroughly outplayed the Patriots, but Folk missed 3 FGs.
  • Smokin' Jay had a 112 rating against them.
  • Bortles had 293 yards passing against them even with his coach surrendering a possession in fear.
  • Josh McCown put up 354 yards on them

This is a vulnerable football team, who also has 2 of the best players in NFL History (Gronk and Brady)

I am not sure they can play well enough to make up for the other weaknesses.

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The Eagles are the first team the Patriots have faced in this years playoffs THAT HAVE NOT LOST TO BLAINE GABBERT!

• The Colts went 2-0 against the no-DeShaun Texans and 2-12 in their other games.
  • The 9-7 Titans were 3-1 against the Texans and Colts (DeShaun beat them 57-14) and 6-6 against the rest of the league.
  • The 10-6 Jags were 4-0 against the Texans and Colts and 6-6 against the rest of the league.
  • The Jags averaged 6.0 ppg on D in those 4 games. (28 sacks). The Jags averaged 20.3 ppg in their other 12 games.(27 sacks)

The Patriots D got 'better' because they played 5 AFC East games after the bye along with Oakland and Denver.

The Patriots are not ready for this Eagles team. (lack of overall team talent, not preparation)

• Cam Newton has been a 78 rated QB since he was the LVP of Super Bowl L. He put up a 130 rating on the Patriots.
  • Bortles had 293 yards passing against them even with his coach surrendering a possession in fear.

This is a vulnerable football team, who also has 2 of the best players in NFL History (Gronk and Brady)

Pats played Watson so I don't know what you are talking about in the first paragraph.

Patriots played KC, NO, Watson led Texans, Carolina, falcons, Pittsburgh for decent to good teams. Throw in Buffalo and the Chargers if you want to.

Eagles played Chiefs, Chargers, Rams,  Panthers and Seahawks.

Neither team played a brutal schedule.

5 hours ago, iothar said:

Pats played Watson so I don't know what you are talking about in the first paragraph.

Patriots played KC, NO, Watson led Texans, Carolina, falcons, Pittsburgh for decent to good teams. Throw in Buffalo and the Chargers if you want to.

Well, 7 of the Patriots games were against playoff teams. Maybe that isn't brutal, but it's good. Four of the Eagles games were vs. playoff teams.

None of that really matters, though. You play who's on your schedule, and both teams have done that, and won. SoS isn't going to decide who the better team is.

9 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Welp, there you have it guys, no point in playing this game. Someone better get the memo out to bill and let him know he might as well book his flight back before Sunday. The Eagles are too fast, too physical, too talented, more proven.

11 hours ago, lancerman said:

DUvCwvuU8AAUFLL.jpg:large

I get that nobody likes Belly, but mah gawd, man can rock a fedora. 

He seriously looks like a detective back in the '20s, back when you can rough up a suspect and plant evidence on a dude to get a conviction. Or a bookie back in the day, dude who'd get Teddy to break your skull open if you didn't pay up by Friday. 

Dude rolls hard.

3 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

Welp, there you have it guys, no point in playing this game. Someone better get the memo out to bill and let him know he might as well book his flight back before Sunday. The Eagles are too fast, too physical, too talented, more proven.

Its a football game. Both teams can win.

The angle that New England is superior does not hold water.

You get points for using sarcasm on the internet though. It was so cool that it may catch on.

11 hours ago, iothar said:

The Patriots got into a shootout because Watson was awesome. I never denied that. (also before the bye)

The Savage/Yates thing goes to show just how awful the Colts and Texans were when Jacksonville and Tennessee played them (except for the 57-14 blowout when DeShaun did play)

Look at the Patriots schedule.

Are the tough teams before the bye or after the bye? Your list had the 6 tough teams before the bye and 1 tough team after.

(Buffalo was not a good team that would challenge your defense (22nd in points and 29th in yards)

If the Patriots defensive numbers got better after the bye, could the front heavy distribution of competition be a factor?

Before the bye:

Alex Smith, DeShaun Watson, Josh McCown, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Phillip Rivers, Jameis Winston, Drew Brees

After the bye:

Josh McCown, Tyrod Taylor, Tyrod Taylor, Jay Cutler,  Jay Cutler, Ben Roethlisberger, Brock Osweiler, Derek Carr

Is this really difficult to see?

The offensive efficiency rankings of the teams they played after the bye were 31, 27, 27, 26, 24, 24, 13, and 3 (Steelers)

Before the bye it was 24, 17, 11, 9, 7, 4, 2, and * (its hard to rate the 6 games with DeShaun, but they were a very good offense)

When would you expect their defense to play better?

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff

Archived