Eagles vs Patriots SBLII GDT

Nabbs4u

4 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

And if it wasn't for miracles in 07 and '11 and some botched kicking tonight they'd be 8-0. The what if game works both ways.

The Giants out-played the Patriots in both their SB wins. It would have been lucky if the Patriots won either.

Yes, if the Pats got lucky vs the GIants like they did vs Hawks and Falcons, where other team gave the game away with terrible botched 4th quarter plays, the Pats could be 7-1 or 8-0. But they were also very lucky to be 3-0 after razor-thin games vs Rams, Eagles, and Panthers.

As i said, 8 games all were decided by narrowest of margins. All were coin-flip games because Brady and Belichik haven't figured out how to dominate a Super Bowl.

They should be 4-4 at best, so 5-3 is a nice bonus to make yourself feel better about this loss.

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

And when I think this night can’t get any better....Gronk considering retirement 

Likely emotions after  a really tough loss.  Would be surprising if he retired, but he does have a bit of a free spirit and he may have other things that he would like to do in his life.  

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

It was shocking to see that even without Cooks, Brady was throwing it deep and doing so with such ease and regularity. Has any team this season given up that many yards?

No. There have only been four other games in history, none of them in the playoffs, that I could find where a team throws for 500+ yards and loses: http://pfref.com/tiny/jCbdB . Last one was in the 2011 season.

4 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

And when I think this night can’t get any better....Gronk considering retirement 

I will be very surprised if Gronk retires, I think it's just the negative feelings of this moment.

But IIRC, his contract is pretty poor for a player of his stature, so he may demand more money to stay, and the Patriots often resist that.

15 minutes ago, Quark3 said:

The Giants out-played the Patriots in both their SB wins. It would have been lucky if the Patriots won either.

Yes, if the Pats got lucky vs the GIants like they did vs Hawks and Falcons, where other team gave the game away with terrible botched 4th quarter plays, the Pats could be 7-1 or 8-0. But they were also very lucky to be 3-0 after razor-thin games vs Rams, Eagles, and Panthers.

As i said, 8 games all were decided by narrowest of margins. All were coin-flip games because Brady and Belichik haven't figured out how to dominate a Super Bowl.

They should be 4-4 at best, so 5-3 is a nice bonus to make yourself feel better about this loss.

ya ok

15 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Likely emotions after  a really tough loss.  Would be surprising if he retired, but he does have a bit of a free spirit and he may have other things that he would like to do in his life.  

His body must be a mess that’s why. Dude has had a tonne of injuries. Now Granted a lot of  footballl players feel like retiring after the season just because of toll it has on you

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I'm already rolling my eyes that 5 years from now people are gonna pretend Foles had nothing to do with the Super Bowl. Like I hate the Iggles, but as an Eli fan I respect the hell out of Foles' performance.

This man will get a statute in Philly and that's all that matters!

27 minutes ago, Quark3 said:

As have been all but 2 Super Bowls since 2002.

Archived