Eagles vs Patriots SBLII GDT

Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, Starless said:

No, he should have 4

XXXVIII

XXXIX

XLIX

LI

Ty Law should've been the MVP of Super Bowl XXXVI. I don't know why Deion Branch was named MVP of Super Bowl XXXIX but it should've been Brady.

This. There was really no reason not to give it to him in XXXIX. 

He got it for XXXVI for the same reason that Eli got it for XLII and Peyton got it for XLI. 

14 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Amendola is gonna have a huge game again. Dude is big time.

Should be fun to watch because PRob has been playing out of his mind this year. 

I do think he'll get his though but not as huge as you're suggesting.

• View Profile
xx.gifAnyway, I had a Philly cheesesteak for lunch, and am planning of having a Philly cheesesteak pizza tomorrow. So, yeah, I'm tired of seeing the Pats back in the big game. But, lets take a look at the SB's the Pats have appeared in.

All of the Patriots' Super Bowl appearance are listed below:

1985- Lost 46-10 to Bears
1998- Lost 35-21 to Packers
2001- Won 20-17 over Rams
2003- Won 32-29 over Panthers
2004- Won 24-21 over Eagles
2007- Lost 17-14 to Giants
2011- Lost 21-17 to Giants
2014- Won 28-24 over Seahawks
2016- Won 34-28 over Falcons

Forget the first two. Different eras completely, both games being "P.B." (Pre-Brady, or Pre-Belichick, your choice; even though the two of them are inseparable at this juncture). There is a pattern here- close games, and several of them swung on single plays. Also, notice that there was a ten year gap where they didn't win a SB. And then, they beat the Seahawks on a goal line interception that is still considered one of the worst play calls in NFL history. Any of these games could have gone differently, and instead of mourning the amount of SB titles the Pats have, we could instead be looking at them as more futile than the Buffalo Bills, or Vikings (both with four appearances and no wins). 
On the other hand, change two plays for the Giants, and the Pats are going for their eighth title. 

However you may feel, this run of excellence is unparalleled in the modern era of sports. Considering free agency, the salary cap and the curse of complacency so many teams have to fight, this is something to marvel at. And resent.

16 minutes ago, ricky said:
    • View Profile
xx.gifAnyway, I had a Philly cheesesteak for lunch, and am planning of having a Philly cheesesteak pizza tomorrow. So, yeah, I'm tired of seeing the Pats back in the big game. But, lets take a look at the SB's the Pats have appeared in.

Forget the first two. Different eras completely, both games being "P.B." (Pre-Brady, or Pre-Belichick, your choice; even though the two of them are inseparable at this juncture). There is a pattern here- close games, and several of them swung on single plays. Also, notice that there was a ten year gap where they didn't win a SB. And then, they beat the Seahawks on a goal line interception that is still considered one of the worst play calls in NFL history. Any of these games could have gone differently, and instead of mourning the amount of SB titles the Pats have, we could instead be looking at them as more futile than the Buffalo Bills, or Vikings (both with four appearances and no wins). 
On the other hand, change two plays for the Giants, and the Pats are going for their eighth title. 

However you may feel, this run of excellence is unparalleled in the modern era of sports. Considering free agency, the salary cap and the curse of complacency so many teams have to fight, this is something to marvel at. And resent.

Nice post, but the Patriots Super Bowl vs the Packers was the 1996 season. 

Looking forward to a good game tomorrow 

51 minutes ago, ricky said:
    • View Profile

lol this is always how I looked at the pat run.. they are so close to having 7 titles or being the rich mans 90s bills..

I have a feeling that this is going to go down as the greatest Super Bowl ever. Like, it won't even be a question on everybody's countdowns. No contest between it and XLII, XLIII, and LI. There are just so many great backstories and little factoids that will or won't come true. For example...

MVP Winner vs MVP Runner Up's (Team) Streak: MVP Winner has lost like the last 5 times.

Nick Saban/Bill Belichick/LeBron James Streak: Has never been a year where two of the three have taken home the championship. Saban has already brought home his so...

Patriots Quest for Six vs Eagles "Win One Before I Do": Patriots look to even with the Eagles cross-state rivals for most Super Bowls while Eagles fans are probably the closest they've ever been to the Super Bowl they've wanted so badly.

Patriots Away Uni Super Bowl Streak: The Pats are something like 4-0 in their Away Uniforms during the Super Bowl (or some crap statistic like that) and have elected to wear the white again.

Eagles Underdog Mentality: The fact that Brady beat Wentz for MVP, Pederson only got 1 vote for CoTY and Roseman hasn't gottten GMoTY (yet) will definitely lead to the Eagles feeling slighted yet again.

Brian Dawkins On The Field!: The fact that none other than Weapon X will walk out on the field to acknowledge his upcoming enshrinement into Canton before the game will leave that stadium absolutely rocking in favor of the Birds before the game.

All of this and we're not even talking about the actual Xs and Os of the game because these two teams match up well though the Eagles Offense has a clear advantage over the Patriots Defense. Man, I feel like this game is going to be LEGENDARY!

Archived