Nintendo Switch Thread

Just now, showtime said:

Why would you need a pro controller if you're not going to hook your Switch to the tv?  I don't get it.

Since I bought the regular Switch I will hook up SSBU/MUA3 to TV so my fiancee and I can play co-op. For Pokemon or Single Players Games I doubt I ever will.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Since I bought the regular Switch I will hook up SSBU/MUA3 to TV so my fiancee and I can play co-op. For Pokemon or Single Players Games I doubt I ever will.

Then yea get a pro controller.  Those controllers suck and are overpriced, but you don't have much of a choice.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Do you personally have one? I see they have Gamecube ones as well.

I've used them before, but I'm not spending all that money on a crappy controller.  For Smash you can use a Gamecube controller.  Not sure if you need an adapter or anything tho.

On 8/17/2019 at 1:54 PM, BayRaider said:

Do you guys usually get the physical copy of the game or digital?

Also, Pro Controller? Was debating getting a couple.

Digital, a pro controller is worth it. However I might hold off till Nintendo fixes the drifting. I used my pro remote for 3 months and the left analog stick began drifting down, I had warranty so I got a new one. Nintendo knows about the issue and they said they are working on it.

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

Finished my first playthrough of Fire Emblem. It took me around 40 hours to do Edelgard's route. I immediately started a new game+ with the Golden Deer...

I finished my Blue Lions run, and started NG+ with the Black Eagles.  I'm around chapter 5.  The first 12 chapters will go a lot faster on this run.  It feels strange having different students, and playing against your former students.  You get an actual attachment to them.  I felt a little dirty.

On 8/17/2019 at 4:54 PM, BayRaider said:

Do you guys usually get the physical copy of the game or digital?

Digital. I got tired of trying to locate the smaller-than-a-postage stamp miniSD cards.

20 hours ago, jyod21 said:

I finished my Blue Lions run, and started NG+ with the Black Eagles.  I'm around chapter 5.  The first 12 chapters will go a lot faster on this run.  It feels strange having different students, and playing against your former students.  You get an actual attachment to them.  I felt a little dirty.

Yeah, that does feel weird. I also agree that it does go faster. I find myself not talking to every student when I explore - their dialogue doesn't really change unless they're in your house I think. I think I pushed through the first five chapters in just around 5 hours last night, which is twice as fast as I had been going. 

I think I'm not going to recruit anyone this time, just in case I decide to do a third playthrough. When I did my Black Eagles playthrough I recruited Mercedes and Felix, so now I feel like I know too much of their story. 

46 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Yeah, that does feel weird. I also agree that it does go faster. I find myself not talking to every student when I explore - their dialogue doesn't really change unless they're in your house I think. I think I pushed through the first five chapters in just around 5 hours last night, which is twice as fast as I had been going. 

I think I'm not going to recruit anyone this time, just in case I decide to do a third playthrough. When I did my Black Eagles playthrough I recruited Mercedes and Felix, so now I feel like I know too much of their story. 

I'm doing the same thing.  I recruited Sylvain from BL, because I lost him around chapter 4,

Or whichever chapter it is where you find Flayn, and first encounter the Death Knight

so I didn't really get to see him develop, at all.  I recruited Caspar and Dorothea on my original playthrough, too, so they aren't getting as much action on this run, just so I can see the other arcs develop a little more.