Nintendo Switch Thread

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Is anyone getting Zelda Link's Awakening?  A co-worker of mine says that he hates the art style, but I don't understand what's to hate.  It looks pretty good to me, considering the original game was so old.

Probably. Hmm ... need to decide if I want to use my ThinkGeek->Gamestop certificate (*sniff* *pours one out for ThinkGeek*) on ZLA or Marvel Ultimate.

16 hours ago, showtime said:

Is anyone getting Zelda Link's Awakening?  A co-worker of mine says that he hates the art style, but I don't understand what's to hate.  It looks pretty good to me, considering the original game was so old.

I'll get it eventually. It's kind of sandwiched in between two massive RPG's with Fire Emblem and Dragon Quest XI, so I'll probably wait a while. I might even rent it - from what I recall from the GB game it's more of a 15-ish hour experience. 

On 8/21/2019 at 6:27 PM, showtime said:

I'm definitely getting it.  I used to play on my Gameboy as a kid and I don't ever remember getting far.  So this will be like a brand new game for me lol. 

Never been much for RPG/Strategy games or strategy games like advanced wars ever but Fire Emblem Three Houses is so fricken addicting. I love that its full of anime tropes but the further you get in the story the more explanation you get on why the characters have the tropes they get. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Never been much for RPG/Strategy games or strategy games like advanced wars ever but Fire Emblem Three Houses is so fricken addicting. I love that its full of anime tropes but the further you get in the story the more explanation you get on why the characters have the tropes they get. 

This is what I'm playing right now while also playing several Fire Emblems on the 3ds lol. 

I know this probably won't happen, but I wish they would have N64, Wii and WiiU games on the Switch lol.  That'd be amazing!

I'm expecting an announcement for Overwatch since that leak happened via Amazon.  I'm really hoping for a new Donkey Kong game.  We've gone years without even hearing absolutely anything.

• Like 1