Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

We just watched a Mexican rock band cover 80s music, and a beer drinking contest..... Feels like college, but there isn't a spring breaker at this place this week....

After I graduated from grad school, I gave myself a 30 day backpacking trip throughout Europe. I got off the bus in Riga, Latvia and walked to the city center to get some dinner and a beer. First thing I hear is a cover band playing "I Wanna Know What Love Is" by Foreigner so I went into the bar. The singer had a wonderfully thick Russian accent. The waitress at the bar took my order, then immediately went to the singer. He, on the microphone, asks me "are you from USA?" I replied that I was. He asked if I would sing a song with them. He didn't even ask me if I knew how to sing (I can). I asked what song and the band started playing "Born in the USA." I got on stage and crushed it. Spent the next couple days hanging out with the waitress, the band and people from the bar. Sang a few songs with them the next night too. One of the most fun travel experiences I've ever had. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I guess it would depend on what you’re expecting. 

He seemed pretty relentless that something big surrounding Dalvin was happening yesterday, yet it never did. He always posts cryptic stuff and nothing ever really happens except the obvious, such as him saying Thielen was getting cut.

Edited by AP_allday2869
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

If we have Davenport and Z Smith, I wonder if they will consider trading Hunter for draft capital

Unlikely, as trading Hunter would not only be foolish, but would also increase the cap number by nearly $6M. 

It’s very likely that their plan is to utilize all 3. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

If we have Davenport and Z Smith, I wonder if they will consider trading Hunter for draft capital

I think both Hunter and Cook are in play to be traded, but I'm not in favor of trading Hunter (even if he might fetch multiple picks).  I have always believed Hunter could break all-time sack records -- and he's just hitting DE's prime at 28-31 years old.  

If the Vikes keep Hunter, Z. Smith, Wonnum, Jones and Vilain, and Willekes, I see Davenport as being a 5T with Otomewo.  Tonga and Phillips would be NTs.  I guess that would mean Lynch and Blacklock would be the other 5Ts. 

I could see the Vikes viewing a trade involving Hunter as plausible if Nolan Smith or Trent Simpson are sitting there at #23 and he's rated say top-10 on the Vikes board.  Swap one outside rusher for a newbie and picks.  Then, yes, use the new picks to go after a new ILB or one of the 5Ts to add competition to the four mentioned above.

• Like 3