Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

10 hours ago, babababa said:

"FAKE INJURY ISSUES"  --- What about that is FACT. If the front office knew the injuries were "FAKE" Cook would have been shown the door.

You say this is a Vikings forum -- I have my opinion. And as a matter of fact Cook is a Viking who happens to have the #3 all-time rushing record on this team. I come here expecting respect from that sort of caliber of player. What is this the BEARS FORUM? You want to talk smack about a Vikings player and not expect a return in what you give go somewhere else.

What?

Your opinion can be an opinion without reeking of sarcasm, especially when you took his statements the way you did. He never said that Cook isn’t actually injured at times…. His point, and his opinion that is also based on FACT, is that Cook has previously appeared to be severely injured/hampered only for him to be back out on the next play.  I’ve witnessed him and other NFL players do that as well. This isn’t an attack-Dalvin-day, but your stance is flat out nonsense. According to you, and I’ll repeat myself, unless you are an employee directly under the Minnesota Vikings banner, or you yourself are an actual Viking coach or player, or, you’re a doctor with the team, you have no right to say anything, ever, about anybody in any professional sport in the history of anything…. 

Sure, you can say your opinion even if it’s incorrect.  That’s what a forum is for. I will never understand these forum sentiments from salty members — “oh so an armchair QB”, “didn’t know you played for the team too”, or my personal favorite, “Ooohh when did they start paying you to make decisions?” 

So you want YOUR OPINION to be accepted and unquestioned, but the second someone says something that you don’t like, you give a response similar to the ones specified above. It’s odd and pointless, because if we want by that line of thinking, then, eventually, no one would ever be able to have an opinion on this team at all. 

1 hour ago, Morlee said:

What?

Your opinion can be an opinion without reeking of sarcasm, especially when you took his statements the way you did. He never said that Cook isn’t actually injured at times…. His point, and his opinion that is also based on FACT, is that Cook has previously appeared to be severely injured/hampered only for him to be back out on the next play.  I’ve witnessed him and other NFL players do that as well. This isn’t an attack-Dalvin-day, but your stance is flat out nonsense. According to you, and I’ll repeat myself, unless you are an employee directly under the Minnesota Vikings banner, or you yourself are an actual Viking coach or player, or, you’re a doctor with the team, you have no right to say anything, ever, about anybody in any professional sport in the history of anything…. 

Sure, you can say your opinion even if it’s incorrect.  That’s what a forum is for. I will never understand these forum sentiments from salty members — “oh so an armchair QB”, “didn’t know you played for the team too”, or my personal favorite, “Ooohh when did they start paying you to make decisions?” 

So you want YOUR OPINION to be accepted and unquestioned, but the second someone says something that you don’t like, you give a response similar to the ones specified above. It’s odd and pointless, because if we want by that line of thinking, then, eventually, no one would ever be able to have an opinion on this team at all. 

Sarcasm...You clearly didn't recognize the sarcasm I was responding to with someone making fun of Cook -- as they continue to do. How many laughter emoticons do you need directed at Cook, or for me for that matter with some absurd reference about my life being saved by Cook for you to stop stirring the pot. How convenient for your argument and draped with the utmost irony. 

You're lecture me for what reason? 

Because I'm arguing with someone who has now changed their argument from "faking injury" to being dinged up for a series? Clarity and consistency are appreciated when arguing. You're following the current argument and not the former. Again how convenient for your argument at the moment.

On the point about me being a team doctor you really ought to ask who 1st made the insinuation about Cook and who responded. You don't have to unwind on me about not being something I'm not.

I'm a Cook fan in a VIKINGS forum. There's a difference between criticism of a decorated Vikings player (ex. he needs to work on catching the ball out of the backfield) and making fun of players with pseudo truths or gaslighting (ex. Cook fakes injuries). If someone wants to make fun of Cook, do it in the snarky Cook thread where this belongs instead of glorifying it all over. The Green Bay forum is also an awesome place to make fun of Vikings.

7 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Fwiw skolbros is basically saying something is happening today. Not sure what…. 

Not sure if that guy is legit or not, but we will see. I'd be interested to see what it is, if anything.

Edit: Looks like he just tweated a picture of Mattison with the title "RB 1"

Edited by AP_allday2869
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Not sure if that guy is legit or not, but we will see. I'd be interested to see what it is, if anything.

Edit: Looks like he just tweated a picture of Mattison with the title "RB 1"

I’d say he’s legit. He’s just not always right. I will say they aren’t just guesses when he says things. 

That guy may be right about some stuff but I don't think he has legit sources. He just reads the tea leaves and makes a bunch of proclamations.

Like we know there are roster bonuses due today so moves will be made. Not hard to connect the dots and say Cook will be gone one way or another after the Mattison signing. 

9 minutes ago, Hamsterdam said:

That guy may be right about some stuff but I don't think he has legit sources. He just reads the tea leaves and makes a bunch of proclamations.

Like we know there are roster bonuses due today so moves will be made. Not hard to connect the dots and say Cook will be gone one way or another after the Mattison signing. 

nah, he knows...unfornately. 

19 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I think people would be shocked, and jealous, as to who SkolBros knows. 

I certainly wouldn't be jealous.  I had to stop following him with all that other nonsense he posts, as 85% of the time he'd posting that...it wasn't worth it to wait for that other 15%.  I'll get it from the other people who retweet the important stuff from him. 

Edited by swede700

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I certainly wouldn't be jealous.  I had to stop following him with all that other nonsense he posts, as 85% of the time he'd posting that...it wasn't worth it to wait for that other 15%.  I'll get it from the other people who retweet the important stuff from him. 

yeah I dont even follow him anymore because of those same reason lol.