Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Just now, swede700 said:

For me personally, that only means I don't want to rely on him as a primary back.  A committee?  Certainly.  But, I don't want to have to rely on him alone because he doesn't have the greatest vision as a RB.  He's a good RB though.

His contract is of a committee back. 

Push has to come to shove, here soon with the RB room.

If the vision is Mattison/Chandler/rookie back, then that makes all the sense in the world to me.

If the vision is again Cook/Mattison/Chandler, I am beyond confused at the cap commitment to this position. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

$2M of Cook’s 2023 salary becomes guaranteed on March 17.

There was some confusion by others on Twitter that Cook would need to be traded before Friday in order to avoid that $2M hitting the Vikings’ books. But because it’s a salary guarantee, and not a bonus, that money will travel with Cook if/when he is traded. 

ahaa, thank you.

Last Friday, Super Bowl champion WR Odell Beckham Jr held a private workout for teams. CBS Sports Jonathan Jones’ tweeted about the event, “Teams represented at Odell Beckham Jr.’s private workout in Arizona today included the Panthers, Giants, Patriots, Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, Bills, Chiefs, Vikings, Browns and Ravens, per source.”

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/roster/freeagency/vikings-players-assert?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

several Viking players tweeted their approval.

1 hour ago, battle2heaven said:

I don't mind bringing Mattison back. I just have a hard time grasping at the idea that Kwesi needs to pay what he is currently on the 2023 books for with the RB room (Cook, Mattison AND Ham).

Something has to give. He's smarter then I could ever be and even I know this is cruddy cap asset allocation. 

I agree with all of this. However, I know there is plenty of time to make corresponding moves. 

The point about the physical is a valid one on a previous page. I wonder if that has been a snag in a possible trade for the time being? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

One play from 2 years ago makes you not want him. Cook gives up more opportunities than Mattison ever has with his fumbling then faking an injury issues

Not as a #1 feature back.

He's a fine #2 but anytime he's gotten substantial carries when Cook has been hurt, he never flashes "OK, I can take the RB1 job." It's like he's worse when he's the starter and defenses aren't caught off guard when he takes a series from Cook and he likes to pick wrong holes more than you'd want to see from a RB1. Reminds me of Trent Richardson.

His YPC has been sub-4.0 yards (almost one yard less than Cook) the last two seasons and in over 400 carries, his longest rush is 48 yards.

At least Dalvin has/had big play potential at anytime. 

He just does nothing for me as a starter.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I was just entertained because he was not scared to poke the bear.

He certainly wasn't afraid to ask questions that people actually wanted the answers to.  And then some others that no one really wanted.  😂

Once again, it seems like lots of different sports-related people in/from Minnesota end up in Denver.  😉

Edited by swede700

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

He certainly wasn't afraid to ask questions that people actually wanted the answers to.  And then some others that no one really wanted.  😂

He was never afraid to ask the questions, but that all he seemed interested in. Being known as the guy who’d ask the question. But he did such a poor job at cultivating relationships, he liked to “poke the bear” as gopher mentioned, that he rarely, if ever, got the answers. 

There are numerous media people who are much better at actually getting honest answers, even to tough questions. 

28 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

not sure where I should actually post this but here seems fitting.

someone is getting close to daddy Zimmer again.

Hopefully some new reporters will do the region some good . . . Zulgad needs to go too.  Courtney Cronin started out ok and then like the national media, went off the rails with pot stirring and opinion so much so, she interfered with the Vikings business and chemistry.  

4 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Hopefully some new reporters will do the region some good . . . Zulgad needs to go too.  Courtney Cronin started out ok and then like the national media, went off the rails with pot stirring and opinion so much so, she interfered with the Vikings business and chemistry.  

Zulgad isn't really a reporter anymore. He's just a fan now basically. 

• Like 1

Any interest if the Jets do make Elijah Moore available? If so what would you be willing to give up?

Id for sure give up a 5th or 6th, someone might be able to talk me into a 4th especially if it was a draft day deal

Edited by Boda