Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

And if he would come at some crazy low 1 year deal, he could easily take over the role Wilson & Gedeon played to a FAR higher level....

but that won’t happen.

I’m personally just a fan of using the draft + Easton (if healthy) to work on the OL. In reality none of these free agents blow me out of the water and the ones left that are still starter quality are still going to get a pretty penny. 

Im still on the Pierre Garçon watch. When healthy he is as good as about any of these FA WR’s. Remember, the 49ers signed him as a #1 but got injured last year. I really think of all the remaining free agents he would be the biggest impact to this team that would be affordable.

Diggs, Thielen, & Garçon would be a great trio.

I’m wondering with shopping Rhodes and Wayne’s they were hoping to get a 1st for Rhodes and a minimum of a 2nd for Wayne’s. 

Shop Rhodes, you basically give Wayne’s Rhodes contract and you gained a low #1 early 2nd.

Waynes only makes sense to shop for higher than a 3rd. With the CB market going for what it is, we would gain a 3rd comp most likely for him if he would leave. We would be better off keeping him. 

Maybe the options were just not their for either of them. 

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

I’m wondering with shopping Rhodes and Wayne’s they were hoping to get a 1st for Rhodes and a minimum of a 2nd for Wayne’s. 

Shop Rhodes, you basically give Wayne’s Rhodes contract and you gained a low #1 early 2nd.

Waynes only makes sense to shop for higher than a 3rd. With the CB market going for what it is, we would gain a 3rd comp most likely for him if he would leave. We would be better off keeping him. 

Maybe the options were just not their for either of them. 

Agreed.  There's no reason for them to settle for less than a 2nd rd for either one.  If no one offered them that, then it's just as well they sit on both of them and just let Waynes walk after the year.    

13 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I wonder what it would take to bring in Gus Edwards behind Cook.

Probably not a whole lot, considering the Ravens just signed an older, more expensive version of him in Ingram.  It'll be interesting to see what the Ravens do with him, as he's an ERFA.  

Edited by swede700

3 minutes ago, Saosin said:

With RB being a need, if Everson gets moved, restructured or cut, do we look at a Tevin Colemen or even, gasp, AP coming back to the vikings?

No and no for me. Coleman isn’t going to be too cheap I don’t believe. If we did bring Murray back, he will be commanding more than him.

And AP I really just don’t want back until he signs a retirement contract and we can celebrate that. 

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Probably not a whole lot, considering the Ravens just signed an older, more expensive version of him in Ingram.  

I just think he would be a viable replacement and fit into what we are trying to do. I’m fine with going after another rookie also, but Gus did find some success in his time last year.

maybe the Vikings just feel confident in Boone