Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Hopefully Richardson gets paid on par or slightly below Barr. He will essentially cancel out the Stephen signing.

Still would like to get Easton signed and a legit 3rd WR. Can't imagine we're going to jump in the FA OL market at this point.

Trading Waynes or Rhodes for a high pick still looks like a good idea if we're building this roster through the draft and not splurging.

well at least we got the DT I wanted to keep last year back.

Richardson loss doesn’t hurt my feelings, we knew coming into it he had a shot of only being here one year, and being honest after the 1st half last year his motor wasn’t quite the same. Still was a solid player, don’t get me wrong, but the price tag probably wasn’t there. Of course I would have liked to keep him.

Barr stings to me, I was one of his bigger defenders until this past year where I really just started noticing him “quit” at times. Awesome player when going at what seemed to be 100%, but I really hope the Jets don’t try and use him as a edge rusher. 

Still plenty of guys out there that I believe can help these guys win. Not going after Barr or Richardson is a sign most likely we will be adding a veteran lineman of some sort.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Damn, Rhodes has an injury plagued, down year and now suddenly isn't a playmaker, doesn't cover well and Waynes figures to be a better player over the next few years....

Am I taking crazy pills?

He's never been a playmaker.  He's great at coverage (which I never said he wasn't, so I'm not sure where you got that from), but if you're going to trade one of them, he's the one I'd much rather trade.  

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

So Barr nets us a third round comp pick now. 

It is hard to know. So many signings still need to be made. It depends on what else happens. As it is now, it looks like both Barr and Richardson will count at a third round level as losses in the compensatory pick formula.

Shamar Stephen looks like he'll count as about at the sixth round level as a loss.

There are still plenty free agents out there and contracts to be signed. It is hard to guess who will cancel who at this point.

• Like 1