Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

I didn't see it posted here yet, but the 2020 opponents have now been finalized:

Home - Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Atlanta, Carolina, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Dallas

Away - Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Houston, Indianapolis, Seattle

While the road schedule is certainly going to be tough once again, it should be noted that the only outdoor games are Chicago, Green Bay, Tampa Bay and Seattle.

Edited by swede700

43 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I didn't see it posted here yet, but the 2020 opponents have now been finalized:

Home - Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Atlanta, Carolina, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Dallas

Away - Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Houston, Indianapolis, Seattle

While the road schedule is certainly going to be tough once again, it should be noted that the only outdoor games are Chicago, Green Bay, Tampa Bay and Seattle.

Just move Seattle into our division since we play them every year IN SEATTLE anyways.

• Like 1

I could easily see it happening.

If the Vikings get beat bad by the Saints, this three year experiment that they started with Cousins is over. Two years in and it hasn’t even come close to delivering what was expected? You have to start working towards the next phase. 

I also can’t help but wonder if the Tomlin situation doesn’t weigh on the Wilfs.

Edited by SemperFeist

8 minutes ago, since72 said:

Can you expand on this?   I don't think I understand what you're saying.

Tomlin was our DC in 2006. He showed A LOT of promise of being head coach material. We gave him permission to interview else where. Since then we've gone through 3 coaches while Tomlin has won a Super Bowl and had one of the most consistent teams both offensively and defensively for 10 years.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

4 minutes ago, since72 said:

Can you expand on this?   I don't think I understand what you're saying.

Many people said that Tomlin was going to be a very good head coach, it was just a matter of time before he got his chance. Tomlin left to join the Steelers, and has had a lot of success while the Vikings are in their 3rd coach. 

Now they have Stefanski, who many believe will be a top head coach sometime. Do the Wilfs want to watch another talented young coach leave?

5 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

IIRC, instead of promoting Tomlin from DC to head coach, we gave him permission to interview else where. Since then we've gone through 3 coaches while Tomlin has won Super Bowls and had one of the most consistent teams both offensively and defensively for 10 years.

That was 13 years ago and he only was DC for 1 year, there's absolutely a zero percent chance that they have any regrets over that.  Tomlin has been very good, but he's also been blessed to be in the Ohio State version of an NFL franchise.  

I do agree that Stefanski is the head coach in waiting if he wants it, but I can't imagine that anyone would stop him from going if he wanted to either.  This ain't a Denny Green/Tony Dungy situation. 

Edited by swede700

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That was 13 years ago and he only was DC for 1 year, there's absolutely a zero percent chance that they have any regrets over that.  Tomlin has been very good, but he's also been blessed to be in the Ohio State version of an NFL franchise.  

Well yeah. It's new ownership and completely new front office since then.

He asked what he meant and I explained it. I'm not championing either way or saying that it was a huge travesty we didn't fire Childress after year one and go with the 35 year old head coach.

EDIT: Forgot Zygi bought the team in 2005....thought it was 2007.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

Just now, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Well yeah. It's new ownership and completely new front office since then.

He asked what he meant and I explained it. I'm not championing either way or saying that it was a huge travesty we didn't fire Childress after year one and go with the 35 year old head coach.

I think most of us here at the time knew that he would be a head coach because of his personality, but thought it was awfully early.  Only Pittsburgh could have taken that risk and been successful.  If Tomlin had been hired anywhere else that early, I suspect he wouldn't have had nearly as much success as he has.