Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

On 12/14/2019 at 7:01 PM, Ozzy said:

This is no rumor but who the hell knew Terrell Suggs is a Minnesotan?  

I honestly never knew that, he grew up in Minneapolis and played youth football with Joe Mauer, left for Arizona after the 8th grade though.

But dude that is awesome, we have HOF player from the state but no one considers him from this state.  Heck he went back to Arizona to the Cardinals because he did go to high school and college there, probably family is still there but I assume he lived there all his life.  But hey can Minnesota get some credit for this dude?  haha  Hope he can get back to the Ravens and sign with them to end his career after being released by the Cardinals.

I did. Hope some scrub team picks him up.

On 12/14/2019 at 6:01 PM, Ozzy said:

This is no rumor but who the hell knew Terrell Suggs is a Minnesotan?  

I honestly never knew that, he grew up in Minneapolis and played youth football with Joe Mauer, left for Arizona after the 8th grade though.

But dude that is awesome, we have HOF player from the state but no one considers him from this state.  Heck he went back to Arizona to the Cardinals because he did go to high school and college there, probably family is still there but I assume he lived there all his life.  But hey can Minnesota get some credit for this dude?  haha  Hope he can get back to the Ravens and sign with them to end his career after being released by the Cardinals.

I've known that for a few years now...as he's mentioned it before.  If I had known that when he as drafted, I would have pushed for him harder...although we did get a pretty good player anyhow (in Kevin Williams)...in the infamous missed pick draft.    

• 2 weeks later...

I have been a Mike Zimmer supporter, but I would consider a deal offered by the Cowboys. There is a Cowboys blog entry speculating about a trade for Zimmer

What would it take for you to consider moving Zimmer to the Cowboys? The poll in the blog entry asks the highest pick their readers would part with for Zimmer with the choices being a 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th, or a 5th. They have no options below 5th so presumably anyone that wouldn't trade for him would have picked the 5th round pick option as it most aligned with their feelings.  Most of their fans would give up more than that 5th for Zimmer. But at what point do you do it if you're the Vikings?

If I was the Vikings GM I would look for a second round pick. I am sure those of you looking for Zimmer to be fired would do it for a 7th round pick. Personally, I wouldn't be listening to an offer like that. What do the rest of you think?

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Assuming that Zimmer remains the Vikings head coach. If Stefanski leaves for a head coaching job, do you promote Kubiak to OC (if he wants it), or do you try and bring Shurmur back as OC?

I would stick with the Kubiak scheme, which means promoting Gary if he wants it or otherwise one of his figureheads.

6 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

We need consistency with our scheme so I agree with this.

I normally would agree with this as well, but it’s not like Shurmur’s scheme would be foreign to these players. 

Especially since Stefanski’s scheme is likely a combination of Shurmur’s and Kubiak’s. 

Edited by SemperFeist