Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

4 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Kwesi, assign your target and acquire.....

I think it might be for a small deal for CB Sidney Jones, recently cut by The Seahawks.  The Vikings are very thin at CB.  And Chandon Sullivan has played poorly for a long time.  I wonder if Jones has any experience as a slot corner?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I thought incentives pay can be deferred on the cap to the following year?

Season long bonuses, such as rushing for 1,000 yards or having 10+ sacks get deferred to the next year if they are considered “not likely to be earned”. But per game bonuses, usually tied to playing time, count towards the current season’s cap once the threshold is met. 

Both Za’Darius Smith and Danielle Hunter had per game bonuses tied to their playing time. These bonuses were considered “not likely to be earned” at the time of the contract signing, or restructure in Hunter’s case, because both players missed most of the previous season. But now that they’ve been active for the necessary amount of games to trigger the bonuses, they will each earn their bonus money on a per game basis. Smith will get ~$200K for every game he’s active, and Hunter will get ~$30K for every game he’s active. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Robb_K said:

I think it might be for a small deal for CB Sidney Jones, recently cut by The Seahawks.  The Vikings are very thin at CB.  And Chandon Sullivan has played poorly for a long time.  I wonder if Jones has any experience as a slot corner?

I think any team that picks him up has to pay him roughly 1.3 million for the rest of the season?  That might be too high a cap number for the Vikings right now.  Maybe they will pick someone up later in the season as the playoffs are nearing so that they don't take much of a cap hit?

30 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

I think any team that picks him up has to pay him roughly 1.3 million for the rest of the season?  That might be too high a cap number for the Vikings right now.  Maybe they will pick someone up later in the season as the playoffs are nearing so that they don't take much of a cap hit?

Jones cleared waivers. He’s an unrestricted free agent right now.