Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Darren Wolfson: “I have heard that there has been chatter with Pittsburgh. I don’t sense anything is on the cusp, that it has been serious dialogue. But the Vikings have at least made an inquiry about Chase Claypool. My understanding is there’s been dialogue with Denver but I don’t know the specifics there, so I’m not ready to say yes, they’ve specifically inquired about Jerry Jeudy. Because you think about one of their tight ends that is available. You think about KJ Hamler. There’s a myriad of possibilities in play with the Broncos.”

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/chase-claypool-vikings-steelers-trade-talks/?fbclid=IwAR04BmFe91BXV1PR5L_1L1DEZeLWMs5BBrOIoXMVckdObEUl8Iw5YAeo8nU

15 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

This has to be seen as unacceptable. It’s really unbelievable that we have just one loss. The offense has to play better and it starts with Cousins.

Take out the Dolphins game and we're 8th.

Dolphins had a good game plan against us and we overcame it.... like good teams do.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Darren Wolfson: “I have heard that there has been chatter with Pittsburgh. I don’t sense anything is on the cusp, that it has been serious dialogue. But the Vikings have at least made an inquiry about Chase Claypool. My understanding is there’s been dialogue with Denver but I don’t know the specifics there, so I’m not ready to say yes, they’ve specifically inquired about Jerry Jeudy. Because you think about one of their tight ends that is available. You think about KJ Hamler. There’s a myriad of possibilities in play with the Broncos.”

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/chase-claypool-vikings-steelers-trade-talks/?fbclid=IwAR04BmFe91BXV1PR5L_1L1DEZeLWMs5BBrOIoXMVckdObEUl8Iw5YAeo8nU

I think that how the Vikings feel about their chances at a Super Bowl will be shown by the moves they make at the trade deadline. If they feel that they can make a serious run at a championship, I would expect them to add a piece via trade. If they're content to just make the playoffs and stick to whatever development plan Kwesi and KOC have, I think they'll stand pat. 

They don't have the cap space to go after free agent veterans to fill every deficiency, and even if they did, I don't think there are veteran players that adequately address CB/TE/DE/DT/WR.

• Like 1

Remember, it’s a competitive rebuild. 

This team doesn’t have the roster ready to push all of their chips in on this year. Kwesi would be wise to simply stay the course of his plan. If he can get a player on this team that he thinks would help, not just this year, but in 2023 as well, at a reasonable cost, then I’m sure he will. But he’s unlikely to make a move just for 2022.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Remember, it’s a competitive rebuild. 

This team doesn’t have the roster ready to push all of their chips in on this year. Kwesi would be wise to simply stay the course of his plan. If he can get a player on this team that he thinks would help, not just this year, but in 2023 as well, at a reasonable cost, then I’m sure he will. But he’s unlikely to make a move just for 2022.

Don’t honestly know if that’s an effective strategy as long as Cousins is the starter. Not trying to bash Cousins here I’m just highly skeptical he can pull a Matthew Stafford and go on a winning playoff stretch despite no history of ever doing so. 

So I agree, keep future resources.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Don’t honestly know if that’s an effective strategy as long as Cousins is the starter. Not trying to bash Cousins here I’m just highly skeptical he can pull a Matthew Stafford and go on a winning playoff stretch despite no history of ever doing so. 

So I agree, keep future resources.

Stafford never did either… until he did. Just saying.

20 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Stafford never did either… until he did. Just saying.

But it took just one year on a new team for Stafford. How long has Cousins been here? I realize there’s been a regime change but Cousins himself is actually playing worse than last year. There’s time to get better, but I really don’t have a ton of optimism in Cousins. Not being pessimistic either, honestly, I think we know what he is. unless Jefferson goes on a tear like Kupp last year and the defense plays remarkably better, I don’t see Cousins being that guy to get us over the hump like Stafford was for the Rams.

Edited by vikingsrule

22 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

But it took just one year on a new team for Stafford. How long has Cousins been here? I realize there’s been a regime change but Cousins himself is actually playing worse than last year. There’s time to get better, but I really don’t have a ton of optimism in Cousins. Not being pessimistic either, honestly, I think we know what he is. unless Jefferson goes on a tear like Kupp last year and the defense plays remarkably better, I don’t see Cousins being that guy to get us over the hump like Stafford was for the Rams.

Cousins has been a slightly better QB than Stanford over his career until last year, and Stafford led the league in turnovers en route to the Super Bowl. I don’t buy  that Cousins can’t do what Stafford did. They are basically interchangeable players.

Dismissing the “new regime” because Cousins has been in MN for a long time makes no sense.

I’m not advocating for taking the Rams approach necessarily, because they had the best player in the NFL in Donald on the roster as an equalizer, but the Stafford argument is a bad one.

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 1

Jordan Schultz@Schultz_Report

Multiple teams in the mix for #Texans’ WR Brandin Cooks: #Rams, #Vikings, #Giants and the #Packers - as a dark horse - have reached out to Houston, sources say. Cooks, 29, has recorded six 1k-seasons with 49 TDs.

I’m told if moved, he only wants to go to a contender.

--------

On April 7, 2022, despite multiple trade rumors, Cooks signed a two-year contract extension with the Texans worth $39.6 million with $36 million guaranteed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandin_Cooks

Edited by vike daddy