Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Given that the Saints are 2-5, and have the worst cap situation heading into 2023, I wonder if they’re heading towards a roster tear down? 

If New Orleans is looking to trade away players to add draft capital and shed salary, I’d be very interested in going after Marshon Lattimore. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Given that the Saints are 2-5, and have the worst cap situation heading into 2023, I wonder if they’re heading towards a roster tear down? 

If New Orleans is looking to trade away players to add draft capital and shed salary, I’d be very interested in going after Marshon Lattimore. 

The Saints have been running cap gymnastics for somewhere near a decade now...and considering how they are continuing to restructure contracts through the addition of voiding years, I don't see that changing anytime soon, as long as they can get away with it.  

They should tear it down to get more picks and more young players......but man, the NFL is bad at that. They really don't make as many trades as they should. Even something as simple (in the off season) as dealing an older player and a late pick for a mid pick......both sides of deals should want that. Other than cap implications (which I get is a BIG DEAL), I don't understand why more teams don't deal players (in the off season....I get scheme and learning is "hard" during a season).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

The Saints have been running cap gymnastics for somewhere near a decade now...and considering how they are continuing to restructure contracts through the addition of voiding years, I don't see that changing anytime soon, as long as they can get away with it.  

They did all of that because of Brees and keeping the team a contender. But with Brees, and Payton, gone, and the team clearly no longer a contender, it’s probably time for them to hit the reset button. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

That Penning trade they bet on sure is looking like malpractice (regardless of how good of a RT he could become).

49 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Yeah... Resisting arrest and being stupid during the Bye is really enough, and then it could get worse as details emerge, but doubtful it could get better.

Wouldn’t call this being stupid. He’s a predator. But in todays NFL that’s gets you a fully guaranteed $200m contract if you’re good. In the case of a backup OL, I’m sure he will be cut immediately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

They should cut him right now. 

Wish we could trade him and other wasted money to the Dolphins for Gesicki. But seeing as how he was arrested in Miami for what he did, probably should be kept as far away from there as possible. Trade him to GB for some sno cones or something instead.

18 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Wouldn’t call this being stupid. He’s a predator. 

it's definitely stupid, unwise, and illegal.

but we don't know if he is a predator and there was any attempt at sexual assault or physical violence. there might very well have been, the victim might very well have left for the ladies room to protect herself. she may be someone he met that night or a long time acquaintance.

it might be a matter of him coming on to a new woman who wanted nothing to do with him, and felt scared and threatened so ran from him, or it might be a disagreement he had with a friend over cab fair and he, again, stupidly followed her in to a ladies room.

but resisiting the local police is always a dumb move, and should be very concerning to his employers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

it's definitely stupid, unwise, and illegal.

but we don't know if he is a predator and there was any attempt at sexual assault or physical violence. there might very well have been, the victim might very well have left for the ladies room to protect herself. she may be someone he met that night or a long time acquaintance.

it might be a matter of him coming on to a new woman who wanted nothing to do with him, and felt scared and threatened so ran from him, or it might be a disagreement he had with a friend over cab fair and he, again, stupidly followed her in to a ladies room.

but resisiting the local police is always a dumb move, and should be very concerning to his employers.

Dude he followed her. I don't give a crap about resisting the cops. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Dude he followed her. 

yes, and i get the menancing intent of that. nor am i supportive here or suggesting any victim blaming, you know me on this subject.

but was he following her with the intent of assault or violence? or something less, something that would have been benign outside a ladies room? we don't know. so right now, resisting the cops is the charge.

but trust me... if the victim says she felt threatened or intimidated or frightened, then that's that. he'll be slinging burgers somewhere, and not in Minny.

• Like 2