Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

The addition of Harry brings another former first-round pick to the Vikings receiving corps that also features three other players who were drafted in a first round. Justin Jefferson (2020) and Jordan Addison (2023) were selected by the Vikings. Jalen Reagor (drafted by Philadelphia in 2020 a spot ahead of Jefferson and acquired via trade last year) is the other former first-round pick.

Harry was selected 32nd overall by the Patriots in 2019 out of Arizona State. In three seasons with New England, he appeared in 33 games with 18 starts and totaled 57 receptions for 598 yards and four touchdowns on 103 targets.

Harry played in seven games for Chicago in 2022, including the regular-season finale against Minnesota. He totaled seven receptions for 116 yards and a touchdown on nine targets with the Bears, who acquired him from the Patriots by trading a 2024 seventh-round pick. His Bears debut was delayed by surgery on an ankle injury last August.

vikings.com

Edited by vike daddy

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Signing K’Neal Harry is an interesting move. He is a very one dimensional player, and that’s a very different approach to the WR corps for this front office. 

He will compete with Cephus Johnson III as the one big body WR on the Vikings roster.  Whoever plays better is most likely on the practice squad and it is nice to have variety and not just a bunch of little thin WRs.  Harry is far stronger than Johnson but Johnson is more raw being a former QB in college most of the time and not as experienced at WR.  

It is pathetic a WR as big and athletic as Harry is struggling to even stay in the league in his fifth year.  Would love to see his conditioning level and where that is right now, maybe he just got fat and slow and got a little arrogant, maybe he assumed he would always stay athletic and did not have to work at maintaining it.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, vike daddy said:

odd signing, but then what do i know?

seems like we have a few too many receivers already on hand.

It is odd, but I imagine with the injury to Trishton Jackson, they just wanted another body in camp. 

And on another note, Harry, like Burleson, is also Canadian, having been born in Toronto. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ozzy said:

He will compete with Cephus Johnson III as the one big body WR on the Vikings roster.  Whoever plays better is most likely on the practice squad and it is nice to have variety and not just a bunch of little thin WRs.  Harry is far stronger than Johnson but Johnson is more raw being a former QB in college most of the time and not as experienced at WR.  

It is pathetic a WR as big and athletic as Harry is struggling to even stay in the league in his fifth year.  Would love to see his conditioning level and where that is right now, maybe he just got fat and slow and got a little arrogant, maybe he assumed he would always stay athletic and did not have to work at maintaining it.  

So much for Cephus Johnson...

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

So much for Cephus Johnson...

Good for Harry, and Johnson was a big time long shot anyway have played at a lower level, being a UDFA and not having much experience at the position.  Copeland I would not have a ton of hope for long term, if one is just looking at UDFA WRs from this past draft Trea Shropshire I would be interesting in just to see...

Julio Jones, Kenny Golladay, Jarvis Landry are all free agents but would not be super cheap.  I would not hate bringing in Rodney Adams, he always flashes in the preseason and did again last year for the Bears.  

Harry considering his upside and how cheap he was, he was a good pickup with not a ton out there or available.  But if Jefferson and Addison stay healthy most of the other guys outside of Osborn will not see the light of day.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Julio Jones, Kenny Golladay, Jarvis Landry are all free agents but would not be super cheap.  I would not hate bringing in Rodney Adams, he always flashes in the preseason and did again last year for the Bears. 

We've been down the Rodney Adams road before...and I would still have concerns about his commitment to football...it's not like he hasn't quit before.  Plus, he's probably already moved on...he hasn't been on a roster since May of last year. 

3 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Sounds like Powell has been having a very good camp so I don't think I'd go that far.

I've heard the complete opposite...that he essentially hasn't really done anything all that well.  That he's been pretty invisible.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I've heard the complete opposite...that he essentially hasn't really done anything all that well.  That he's been pretty invisible.

Interesting, from who/where?

I suppose Tyler Forness may not be the most credible but he had glowing things to say about Powell. I suppose it also wouldn't shock me to hear someone say the he's been invisible. 

Just now, VikeManDan said:

Interesting, from who/where?

I suppose Tyler Forness may not be the most credible but he had glowing things to say about Powell. I suppose it also wouldn't shock me to hear someone say the he's been invisible. 

I'm not sure exactly, but I believe it was Goessling that said on PA's show last week that he really hasn't done anything remarkable.  I believe I also heard or read Alec Lewis from the Athletic basically say the same thing.  He has to make the team based on his punt returning skills, because based on what I've heard from those 2 is that he hasn't been very good at the receiver position.  As bad as Reagor is as a WR, he still has the speed element that Powell doesn't.  Whoever wins that PR battle will be on the team, the other won't because neither is a good WR option. 

• Like 2

I’ve also read nothing but good things about Brandon Powell so far. Most of the Vikings twitter personalities are saying good things about him - that he looks shifty, is creating separation, and that he’s got a chance to take both KR and PR duties on top of being a WR.

Alec Lewis has written several times that he’s had a notably good camp. I haven’t heard anything bad or even neutral on him.

• Like 2