Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Offensive coordinator Wes Phillips said receiver Trishton Jackson avoided any ligament damage to his knee after his injury yesterday. Good news for the Vikings after Jackson was carted off.

https://fanrecap.com/no-ligament-damage-for-promising-vikings-wr/?utm_source=minnesota-vikings&utm_medium=facebook&fbclid=IwAR09eMVuFdnIz-mq8fcU2UUmnv70Se46lWkH_BRp8EvSjsx3Q5axKE9yIv8

• Like 1

Kevin O’Connell addressed Dalton Risner’s fit if he were to enter the offensive line room in Minnesota, alluding that the Vikings had a conversation about Risner playing either guard spot.

“His predominant history is on that left side, that’s one of the reasons why you bring a player on a visit, to have those conversations,” O’Connell said, referring to asking Risner about his comfort in playing the right guard spot. “We feel very comfortable about his answer to that question and would put that plan into place as far as his competition to try and earn a significant role on our team.”

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/sam-schlueter-waived-dalton-risner/?fbclid=IwAR0KwOjuyCTzYPS7smw0CdoBRKzqkqklfhN-8iIF_GQ4707YQwEhzO69uOU

Heavy On Vikings@HeavyOnVikings per @mikeklis

Pressures allowed in 2022:
Dalton Risner 29
Ed Ingram 58
Ezra Cleveland 53

QB hits allowed:
Risner 6
Cleveland 20
Ingram 18

According to KPRC2 Houston’s Aaron Wilson, the Minnesota Vikings signed offensive tackle Christian DiLauro following a successful workout.

This move coincides with the Vikings waiving offensive tackle Sam Schlueter with a non-football injury designation earlier in the day on Wednesday.

DiLauro played his college football at Illinois and has spent time with the Cleveland Browns, Tennessee Titans, Houston Texans, San Francisco 49ers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Washington Commanders and Denver Broncos.

In his career, DiLauro has yet to play a single offensive snap but has played 15 snaps on special teams.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2023/08/02/minnesota-vikings-sign-christian-dilauro/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2svzLpj310r6qFhcFMd9o8B-oLNt9TCxYfT7QSEFoqPmoile-SPh3_TNs

Long term outlook if Risner is signed I'd prefer he compete with Cleveland for the LG spot, we know what Cleveland is at this point. I think Ingram needs the RG reps to continue to grow and learn this year.

Short term outlook would probably be to have him take over for Ingram.

I wonder if they asked him about OC at all, doesn't sound like it.

I hope they find a way to bring him in. 

2 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Long term outlook if Risner is signed I'd prefer he compete with Cleveland for the LG spot, we know what Cleveland is at this point. I think Ingram needs the RG reps to continue to grow and learn this year.

Short term outlook would probably be to have him take over for Ingram.

I wonder if they asked him about OC at all, doesn't sound like it.

I hope they find a way to bring him in. 

Does the outlooks change at all depending on the length of the contract for Risner?  If he was signed to a one-year contract, which seems most likely, would your long-term outlook still prefer he competed with Cleveland this year even though he may not be around next year?  Or does a contract like that automatically put you into the short-term outlook mode?

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 1

Just now, vike daddy said:

does it make sense that if we had wanted to sign Risner, then we would have already?

that's sort of how I look at it....

That makes sense to me.

However, if the team wanted to sign Risner but they had differing views of his worth the team may need to wait for his asking price to come down.  On the other hand, I believe they usually have a decent understanding of his asking price before they bring him in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

That makes sense to me.

However, if the team wanted to sign Risner but they had differing views of his worth the team may need to wait for his asking price to come down.  On the other hand, I believe they usually have a decent understanding of his asking price before they bring him in.

correct. or his injury may still be a factor.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Does the outlooks change at all depending on the length of the contract for Risner?  If he was signed to a one-year contract, which seems most likely, would you still prefer he competed with Cleveland this year even though he may not be around next year?  Or does a contract like that automatically put you into the short-term outlook mode?

Great question.

If it is a one-year deal I'd still prefer he compete with Cleveland as both would be FA's next year. If Risner were to win the LG spot I'd assume they'd try to re-sign in the off-season. 

I'm probably willing to give Ingram a longer leash than most, he's in year 2, showed some flashes last season, and is a cost controlled player for 2 more seasons after this one. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

honestly never thought this guy would have been a bust. Really thought he was going to be at worst an average player.

That is interesting, low risk signing and could provide some depth.  The starting 3 WRs in Jefferson, Addison and Osborn will take all of the time.  Nailor I have a bit of faith in but not much for the rest, might as well gamble on N'Keal.  

It is nuts, he ran a 4.53 40 at 6-2 228 at the combine, 38.5" vertical and magnet hands, not to mention a crazy 27 reps at 225, some OL and DL cannot even do that!

harry.0.gif

n-keal-harry-n-kealharry-nfl.gif

Clearly there is something mentally with the kid because physically he is standout, unless he has really let him self go which is also a very big possibility.  Curious what his vertical and 40 time would be now and the bench.  Clearly is not a great route runner but is a big body WR and that is something the Vikings do not have at all.  Their only contest catch receiver who can go up and get it is Hockenson from the TE position and Oliver the other TE.  

Will be very interesting how he does.

• Like 2