Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

!https://purpleptsd.com/2023/vikings/top_news/lb-clarence-hicks/

The Minnesota Vikings played their first preseason game this week, falling to the Seattle Seahawks by a score of 24-13.

In the aftermath of that game, the Vikings have been hard at work finding ways to add more competition to the roster. On Friday, Minnesota visited with free agent RB Kareem Hunt, and now, news came out on Sunday that the Vikings will work out LB Clarence Hicks.

The Minnesota Vikings played their first preseason game this week, falling to the Seattle Seahawks by a score of 24-13.

In the aftermath of that game, the Vikings have been hard at work finding ways to add more competition to the roster. On Friday, Minnesota visited with free agent RB Kareem Hunt, and now, news came out on Sunday that the Vikings will work out LB Clarence Hicks.

The Hicks Haven!

10 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Ah yes, poor billion dollar organization had to stop using a racial epithet for a mascot. Those people who do find it offensive should suck it up and decide not to be offended anymore. For the sake of unity?

What an incredibly narrow world view. I honestly can’t believe “it never used to be offensive” is the argument here. It always has been. Using a slur to describe a marginalized group of people that essentially endured a genocide, and then making money off of it in the entertainment industry is offensive. If you can’t understand that, it’s a you problem, not an other people problem.

All of the people who claim that a bunch of snowflakes are too easily offended by a professional football team using a racial slur directed at a marginalized group sure do get their panties twisted when a person wants to call themself by a name/proboun they choose and to have others respect that. 

• Like 4

The Vikings signed veteran linebacker and core special teams player Tanner Vallejo after a workout at Twin Cities Orthopedics Performance Center, the team announced Sunday. In a corresponding move, the Vikings waived linebacker William Kwenkeu with an injury designation.

Vallejo, 28, has played 683 defensive snaps and 1,535 special teams snaps since the Bills made him a sixth-round pick in 2017. He has played for the Bills, Browns, Cardinals and Commanders, appearing in 82 games with eight starts.

Vallejo has totaled 114 tackles, six tackles for loss, six quarterback hits, 2.5 sacks, two passes defensed and three forced fumbles.

In 2022, he appeared in all 17 games with five starts for the Cardinals and played 280 defensive snaps and 375 on special teams.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/vikings-sign-veteran-special-teamer-tanner-vallejo

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/vikings/how-serious-are-kene-nwangwu-and-jalen-nailors-injuries

It looks like the team is playing it safe with Nwangwu and Nailor, but there is probably more urgency for Nwangwu to get back and prove his worth to the team.

Do we sit both this preseason or try to get them back for at least the last game before the regular season starts?

19 hours ago, sparkyjoe1 said:

I remember the good old days when football would bring people together, not drive people apart. Those were good times. 

Yeah. Ive been around here for almost 10 years now i think? And im about over it. FF just aint the same anymore.

The Redskins name has always and will always be offensive.  Just because it was accepted for many years as it was associated with a football team and an individual does not find it offensive does not make it inoffensive. I agree with JD that it's an extremely narrow point of view.  Yes, the Commanders name is dumb, I think most agree...but it's clearly better than the previous name.  If I'm considered woke for that, that's fine...it's better than being asleep at the wheel.

Dan Snyder is someone who never should have been given an opportunity to own a football team, so I'm glad he's gone away, he can go live on his yacht in the Mediterranean never to be seen or heard from again.   

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

What’s a mod?

Since several of us have been mods in the past, I'm not sure that's much of an excuse.  Certainly, I can go overboard at times, but I do try and check myself much of the time.  😂

Not to get on to too much of a soapbox, it's up to us to make it fun, not to rely on mods to keep us in control.  Help make it enjoyable again.  🎉  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

nah. don't leave. we're still a good group.

what was your previous username? who da heck iz you?

Mattyice0401.

Thinking back i dont think its been 10 years lol more like 7 or 8.

Im not even talking about the Vikings forum alone just the entire website really.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

In a corresponding move, the Vikings waived linebacker William Kwenkeu with an injury designation.

He was actually one of the higher rated players on defense per PFF (take it with a grain of salt). I had him as a double minus due to his two holding penalties on kick returns.

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Do we sit both this preseason or try to get them back for at least the last game before the regular season starts?

If they're healthy they need to play.

Chandler is now the lead candidate for the #2 RB spot and Reagor and Powell both had good showings to put some heat on Nailor for WR4.

• Like 2