Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Player-wise, not really...and then again, teams don't really value existing players over draft picks when it comes to trade-ups in the draft.  And really, Bynum probably would have even less value since he'll be on the last year of his deal next year. 

I actually fully expect Harry to walk away after the year.  If he doesn't, however, it will certainly be after next year.  He has so many other interests outside of football and still basically has his health, so I don't believe he'd want to risk it much longer since he's going to be 35 in February. 

Safeties aren't valued as much a WRs but Moore was a big part of the Bears trade.  But nothing wrong with having great depth at the position of there isn't much trade value. 

I hope Smith is able to retire as a Viking and he doesn't have to go play for another team.  I do wonder how much winning a Super Bowl is on his mind though

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

Safeties aren't valued as much a WRs but Moore was a big part of the Bears trade.  But nothing wrong with having great depth at the position of there isn't much trade value. 

I hope Smith is able to retire as a Viking and he doesn't have to go play for another team.  I do wonder how much winning a Super Bowl is on his mind though

I actually think he would have walked away and retired this season if it wasn't for Flores being brought in. 

Just now, swede700 said:

Apparently, this group of Vikings' trainers can be lumped in with Sugarman's handling of Teddy...

Didn't he play a couple plays on it? I suppose that's a slow developing injury and good on them reacting quickly once it was apparent how severe it was

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Compartment syndrome is scary stuff

i guess so, but i had never heard of it before this incident.

the Vikings have had some scary near misses over the years:

• Hicks could have lost his leg....
  • Teddy B could have lost his leg below the knee...
  • Ponder could have lost his right arm...

13 hours ago, vike daddy said:

i guess so, but i had never heard of it before this incident.

the Vikings have had some scary near misses over the years:

• Hicks could have lost his leg....
  • Teddy B could have lost his leg below the knee...
  • Ponder could have lost his right arm...

Did Ponder ever really have a right arm though? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Did Ponder ever really have a right arm though? 

i figured someone would be crass enough to make this joke. regardless of Ponder's skills or lack thereof it was not his fault he was drafted so highly, and the loss of his arm at his age would have been a cruel reality.

you get coal in your stocking this year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

i figured someone would be crass enough to make this joke. regardless of Ponder's skills or lack thereof it was not his fault he was drafted so highly, and the loss of his arm at his age would have been a cruel reality.

you get coal in your stocking this year.

hes-an-angry-elf-buddy.gif

• Like 2

Milestones Approaching

Justin Jefferson needs 117 yards to break Michael Thomas' record for most receiving yards in an NFL player's first four seasons. He is currently tied with Hall of Famer and Vikings Ring of Honor member Randy Moss for second with 5,396.

Danielle Hunter enters Week 14 with 84.5 career sacks, which is just one behind Vikings Ring of Honor member Jared Allen, who ranks sixth in franchise history (includes totals before 1982 when sacks became an official NFL stat). Hunter has 13.5 through 12 games, which is one shy of his highest single-season tally (14.5 in 2018 and 2019).

TJ Hockenson enters Week 14 leading tight ends with 80 receptions and needs four to break the single-season record among Vikings tight ends (Kyle Rudolph had 83 in 2016).

Harrison Smith will be playing in his 172nd career game, the most ever by a Vikings defensive back. Smith passed Paul Krause's franchise record for starts by a defensive back (150) in 2022.

https://www.vikings.com/news/final-thoughts-raiders-week-14?fbclid=IwAR1hVQk2H14OBn0WLU1k20dFvUkQZfypnPjkM9FI1DXXo_FjGn3w1A6AeZA

• Like 2