Jerry 'lol' Rice

Kiwibrown

6 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

He wasn't horrendous. In 2003 the Raiders lost Gannon for half the season. Raiders were putting out a mix of Rick Mierer, Marques Tuiasosopo, and Rob Johnson. Everyone's production was effected on that team. He went to Seattle the next year in a trade, but the Seahawks already had some young guys like Darrell Jackson, Koren Robinson, Jeremy Stevens, getting targets and developing. Rice wasn't getting that many targets/snaps due to other factors than him being horrible, which just wasn't true. You get old, teams are going to look towards the future regardless of how good you are. 

Wasn't he on the Broncos too? I remember him being worthless in Seattle and then for some reason, I want to say he was in Denver and also useless.

There is a 0% chance he catches another pass.

3 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Jerry also still works out everyday. Usually sharing what he does on his social media account. Dude just can't stop working. 

He's a workout freak. Not that it would allow him to play at any sort of acceptable 'belongs on a roster' level, but man, that dude won't quit on the workouts. When he was a player, they were pretty legendary, especially the hill

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Wasn't he on the Broncos too? I remember him being worthless in Seattle and then for some reason, I want to say he was in Denver and also useless.

There is a 0% chance he catches another pass.

He was on the Broncos the following training camp. When it came down to cut the roster down, Shanahan told him he would probably be the 4th or 5th receiver on the team. Rice decided then he was going to retire.

When he was in Seattle he had a 8 catch, 145 yard game against the Cowboys on MNF. He wasn't worthless. He just wasn't getting snaps there due to his age. Guys like Jackson, Engram, Robinson, and Stevens were already on the team. They were young, and established veterans. Holmgren wasn't going to supplant them just because a 42 year old Jerry Rice was traded for midseason. 

On 1/28/2018 at 4:03 PM, SkippyX said:

I think this is a joke.

I remember Jim Brown at least pretending to be serious about a comeback when he was 47.

It did not result in Jim Brown on the field.

Here's a Jim Brown comeback article

http://people.com/archive/ill-do-it-again-vol-21-no-1/

At the age of 47, 18 years after his retirement as the undisputed king of pro football running backs, Jim Brown is still in shape, still intense, still intimidating—and deadly serious about his much-debated plans for a comeback in the National Football League. “I will play,” he says.

“I will accept the challenge that very few guys are willing to accept—so-called humiliation.”

"He is generally unimpressed by the quality of play in the NFL. A veteran of the hard-nosed school of gridiron grit—as former linebacker Sam Huff and dozens of other ex-opponents can attest—Brown gets mad when he sees ball carriers heading for the sidelines to avoid a tackle, or quarterbacks falling down to protect themselves, or players signaling to the sidelines when they want a rest. “I represented a certain amount of purity when I played,” he says with a pride earned over nine tough seasons. “I went for the extra yard. I took the chances. That has a lot to do with who I am, and I’m not going to respect anything less. They say it’s smart to run out of bounds. I don’t care; I’m not going to respect it. When you accept this game, you accept a certain amount of violence. The nature of the game is hitting. If you can only do it for two years, then do it for two years and get out. Otherwise, you’re taking away from the game.”

Gives us a rare peek into how the players of yesteryear felt about the game of football

On 1/28/2018 at 5:57 AM, biletnikoff said:

i'm the only one here who doesnt just parrot what media tells me. I havent used foil since the 80s

Wow wth dude, I saw your first post and thought to myself, man this guy is one of my favorite trolls, then you go and post such an obvious troll post you ruined the illusion that you could be sincere, which ruins everything. Worst Troll FF.

Also, Rice would quit after one hit, because every dude on defense would want to be the guy to end Rice's career officially and smack him so hard he would remember why he retired to begin with.

5 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Here's a Jim Brown comeback article

http://people.com/archive/ill-do-it-again-vol-21-no-1/

At the age of 47, 18 years after his retirement as the undisputed king of pro football running backs, Jim Brown is still in shape, still intense, still intimidating—and deadly serious about his much-debated plans for a comeback in the National Football League. “I will play,” he says.

“I will accept the challenge that very few guys are willing to accept—so-called humiliation.”

"He is generally unimpressed by the quality of play in the NFL. A veteran of the hard-nosed school of gridiron grit—as former linebacker Sam Huff and dozens of other ex-opponents can attest—Brown gets mad when he sees ball carriers heading for the sidelines to avoid a tackle, or quarterbacks falling down to protect themselves, or players signaling to the sidelines when they want a rest. “I represented a certain amount of purity when I played,” he says with a pride earned over nine tough seasons. “I went for the extra yard. I took the chances. That has a lot to do with who I am, and I’m not going to respect anything less. They say it’s smart to run out of bounds. I don’t care; I’m not going to respect it. When you accept this game, you accept a certain amount of violence. The nature of the game is hitting. If you can only do it for two years, then do it for two years and get out. Otherwise, you’re taking away from the game.”

Gives us a rare peek into how the players of yesteryear felt about the game of football

I wonder how he feels about all that now he's 81 and know's about CTE and all that stuff. It's also funny to hear him say that when he played in the 50s and 60s, and the players of the 70s and 80s were much better than the competition he faced.

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

Wow wth dude, I saw your first post and thought to myself, man this guy is one of my favorite trolls, then you go and post such an obvious troll post you ruined the illusion that you could be sincere, which ruins everything. Worst Troll FF.

Also, Rice would quit after one hit, because every dude on defense would want to be the guy to end Rice's career officially and smack him so hard he would remember why he retired to begin with.

Pardon me? Telling the truth isn't trolling. Just because  you can't  understand it, doesn't  make it trolling. 

Being unique, independent and critical, isn' trolling. Its' the ability  to think for oneself.

There's' something  seriously  wrong with my auto correct lol it keeps taking the  T away from can't, don't  etc.

18 hours ago, biletnikoff said:

Pardon me? Telling the truth isn't trolling. Just because  you can't  understand it, doesn't  make it trolling. 

Being unique, independent and critical, isn' trolling. Its' the ability  to think for oneself.

There's' something  seriously  wrong with my auto correct lol it keeps taking the  T away from can't, don't  etc.

It was the "I haven't used foil since the 80's" that gave it away.

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

It was the "I haven't used foil since the 80's" that gave it away.

But I havent. I use plastic containers like everyone else.  My sister for some reason is still stuck in the dark ages and uses foil and cling wrap..who the f uses cling wrap any more. I'm  not wasting my time trying to be careful ,placing and replacing that weak crap. 

Archived