Jerry 'lol' Rice

Kiwibrown

16 hours ago, OleXmad said:

I think he could for maybe like 10 snaps before he realizes "I'm too old for this sh**" 

He'd probably break a hip on the field but he could "play" probably not well but we've seen stranger things at this point.

Have we seen stranger things though? A 55 year old WR would be the most insane thing I’ve seen. 

Also, does anyone remember him in his last/2nd last seasons? He was horrendous. 10+ years later he’s going to be serviceable? Nah. 

15 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Have we seen stranger things though? A 55 year old WR would be the most insane thing I’ve seen. 

Also, does anyone remember him in his last/2nd last seasons? He was horrendous. 10+ years later he’s going to be serviceable? Nah. 

We've seen players play into their late 40s it wouldn't shock me to see a player try to come back at age 55, extremely unlikely but we've seen Peyton come back from a career ending injury and have his best season ever. 

We've seen Tom Brady probably win an MVP/superbowl at age 40.

I think he could play a decent game here and there assuming he didn't snap on the field like a twig his first game back. Limited snap count and situational use (3rd downs, redzone etc.) could see rice being somewhat productive but we'll never know. 

16 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/55-year-old-jerry-rice-talked-to-jon-gruden-about-raiders-return-has-80-catches-in-me/

Jerry Rice to a greater or lesser degree thinks that he can come back and play football. 

your realistic prediction for Rice returning to the NFL. 

Great idea!!!

In addition, maybe they can get Fred Biletnikoff, still a boyish 74 years old, to come out of retirement, too!

Heck, maybe bring George Blanda back to throw the ball to them, and, well, cryogenically un-freeze Al "Just- uh, uh, uh-WHATEVER it is, Baby!" Davis to be the coach!Image result for George Blanda

Image result for Fred BiletnikoffImage result for Al Davis

1 hour ago, OleXmad said:

We've seen players play into their late 40s it wouldn't shock me to see a player try to come back at age 55, extremely unlikely but we've seen Peyton come back from a career ending injury and have his best season ever. 

I think he could play a decent game here and there assuming he didn't snap on the field like a twig his first game back. Limited snap count and situational use (3rd downs, redzone etc.) could see rice being somewhat productive but we'll never know. 

Who has played into their late 40's? Definitely no players that get hit consistently.

Kickers don't count btw.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Have we seen stranger things though? A 55 year old WR would be the most insane thing I've seen. 

Also, does anyone remember him in his last/2nd last seasons? He was horrendous. 10+ years later he's going to be serviceable? Nah. 

He wasn't horrendous. In 2003 the Raiders lost Gannon for half the season. Raiders were putting out a mix of Rick Mierer, Marques Tuiasosopo, and Rob Johnson. Everyone's production was effected on that team. He went to Seattle the next year in a trade, but the Seahawks already had some young guys like Darrell Jackson, Koren Robinson, Jeremy Stevens, getting targets and developing. Rice wasn't getting that many targets/snaps due to other factors than him being horrible, which just wasn't true. You get old, teams are going to look towards the future regardless of how good you are. 

1 hour ago, OleXmad said:

Jerry also still works out everyday. Usually sharing what he does on his social media account. Dude just can't stop working. 

Archived